Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

business advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to ask you all a question.

If you have a domain name that you plan to brand and turn into a business, and you own the .com extension.
Would you go ahead and reg all other TLD's including org, info etc...?
Or is it just a waste?

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seeker - If we plan to fully brand out a site (TM, Custom Site and All), we buy every domestic ext. we can get, everytime. Much cheaper than going after them when the brand is live and popular - The cost of six reg. fees a year for a site that we may have $50K to $100K in is a very small cost up front to protect your brand. Best of luck - Steve

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that it would really depend on the market/industry (and geographic area?) you are targeting and what it is you plan to offer. Global would require .com, .info, and eventually the .eu IMHO. The .net could be used for a nameserver. And if your site became successful--high traffic!--the other extensions would probably be reg'd by "bands of rogues"!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the info!

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I say the same! When you start buy every important tld and the best misspellings the cost and efford comparison to trying to negotiate 7 sales from 17 year olds is just not worth it. If your in to deep and need the others because you have grown a good business, I heard cyber jacking with a TM is kind of popular, at lease form the letters I get.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gsk008 said:
When you start buy every important tld and the best misspellings the cost and efford comparison to trying to negotiate 7 sales from 17 year olds is just not worth it. If your in to deep and need the others because you have grown a good business, I heard cyber jacking with a TM is kind of popular, at lease form the letters I get.

Can you please explain these 2 sentences gsk008..?

Also:

- what does this have to do with "17 year olds" in specific, because there is no reason to start making generalizations in this industry.

- cyber jacking? you mean cyber squatting?

Please Clarify.

Thanks

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
buy'em all if you are serious about it, including what you think may be a misspell! What do you think the value of goggle.com and yaho.com are right about now ;0) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom