Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buydomains.com's traffic stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdaly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why domain names that buydomains.com own seem to have high type in rate. It seems that the names they're sending me would not have type in value but have relatively goo numbers. Is it because of how long they have been in existence and could possibly coming from search engines?

Example: medicineinteractive.com they say receives around 200 type ins! I am pretty sure from experience of buying domain names like this that didn't exist in the past that I would not receive type ins...does there traffic stats seem suspect to anyone else?

Thanks

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...does there traffic stats seem suspect to anyone else?

Of course, their motto, like with many others in this "industry" is, "sucker born every minute".

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I think the domain does not have these 200 type-ins.
Now it's possible the name receive some visitors from search engines or some links for example.

What may happen is the following:
The domain is listed in BuyDomains, SEDO, ...
When you are searching domains in a marketplace and you are interested by one generally you want to see what the current domain page look likes.
Because the buyer rarelly take an imediate decision then he visits many times the domain during the decision period, for this he type in the domain name.
It happen to me, I have allways few domains I am interested to buy at BuyDomains, SEDO or others. Often I do not come back to the marketplace to remember the pricing, I type-in the domain and from here I go to the marketplace selling the name because it's faster and easier.

Now regarding type-ins, please let me know if you share my theory:

For no typo domains:

n = monthly search popularity of the term composing the domain name
type-ins = x % of n
with x generally a very low value
When n is almost zero like with the above term then the type in is near of zero.

By the way you are welcome to share your experience regarding this x value.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking back at the long history of Buydomains and the unethical practices they used to acquire most of there domains, it not surprising to most that they would fabricate stats, anything to sell a domain name, some have done it here on the forum, "pump and dump" as you guys call it, eventually it comes back to bite them in the rear...Instead of Buydomains trying to rebuild there image, they continue to operate their business on deceit.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Raider,

You intriguated me, can you please tell us more about these supposed unhetical practices of BuyDomains or the web page you have read about.

I have purchased a lot of names at BuyDomains and if I should give them a note it will be probably 18/20, to be honnest I do not find one point I can complaint.

Now I share with you that I never ask about the supposed type-in or traffic of the domains I was interested before buy them.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Raider,

You intriguated me, can you please tell us more about these supposed unhetical practices of BuyDomains or the web page you have read about.

Like I said, you need to do a history check, travel back before the creation of Pool.com, Buydomains used registrars to catch domains exclusively for them, although this was legal to do, it was a unethical practice that robbed all other parties including myself of acquiring those same domains, fortunately for us, Pool.com and others changed that and ultimately forced Buydomains to join the bidding party.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
buydomain has a very strange policy of setting a minimum price of $688 for all their domains, good or bad.

There was a domain that I personally liked but has very reseller value. I saw it on buydomain and offered them a what I thought was a reasonable price, considering that it is 13 letters long, no overture, PR. Buydomains replied to my offer with $1000. When I asked them to justify their price, they said that $688 is their minimum price, for whatever domain..... what a load of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom