Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

BuyDomains Listed My Domain for Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I tried to list one of my domains for sale on moniker. Error message displays, sorry this domain is already listed and my account ##### does not control it.

I have this domain setup in afternic expanded promotion which includes buydomains as a partner. But not listed as one of the partners is moniker.

So basically, buydomains listed my domain for sale on moniker.com How do I know this? I made an offer on my domain they had listed and they called me 10 minutes later asking for an asking price. Little did they know I was the one who made the offer on my own domain they listed.

I dont have a problem with this as I spoke to them over the phone about it and they said they do work with moniker also to get domains for sale more exposure.

But I was just wondering why they would do this without my knowledge and if it's even legal?

Thanks!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Previous owner maybe ?

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, its a new reg with no previous owners. Made up word myself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Which means Moniker is well-connected.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now imagine you lose WIPO because of bad faith of offering domain for sale...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a 'bug' in the past whereby all domains registered at Moniker were listed in the marketplace. Don't know if this could be the case here.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now imagine you lose WIPO because of bad faith of offering domain for sale...

:?: I dont know what the heck your talking about.

Domain was registered at godaddy not moniker.

bensd

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have listed the domain for sale with afternic/buydomains and that subsequently buydomains have listed you domain with Moniker?

-Ben

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have listed the domain for sale with afternic/buydomains and that subsequently buydomains have listed you domain with Moniker?

-Ben

yes :?:

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See:

http://www.afternic.com/sell.php

https://www.buydomains.com/sell-domains/index.jsp

When you list your names for sale at afternic they are listed across a network at several leading participating registrars and aftermarket domain websites including Moniker Marketplace -which recently joined the distribution network. Sellers that signed up with the Buydomains and afternic program view this as an advantage the more places the name is listed for sale the greater the chances it will sell.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, when listing your name on expanded promotion, we list your name across our distribution network providing you with greater opportunities to reach more customers. Moniker is one of our expanded promotion partners. When listing with basic promotion, your name will only be listed on Afternic.com.

Please feel free to contact me directly or we can connect you with your dedicated sales executive if you have further questions.

All the best,

David

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks John and David,

Please be reminded I dont have a problem with this. I was just a little shocked when I tried to list a domain on moniker only to find out buydomains already listed it. And of course, there was no way for me to tell it was them. Perhaps letting domain owners know this information beforehand would help?

Also, moniker is not listed as a partner on the expanded promotion page when adding domains to afternic.

Thanks for your replies,
Robert

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I list my domain(s) at AfterNic and bingo I'm also on Moniker!? So why would I want to list names at Moniker??? Seems like a one stop shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom