Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BuyDomains Parent Buys GoldKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of news items from DNJournal's Lowdown section today (The Lowdown is now updated daily):

The parent company of BuyDomains.com has purchased Florida-based PPC provider GoldKey.com. A joint announcement from the two companies issued March 17 said "we are pleased to announce that GoldKey has been acquired by Domain Services, LLC (a division of YesDirect, Inc.). YesDirect also owns and operates BuyDomains.com, Seeq and the YesDirect Network." The release added "We expect to significantly enhance domain parking performance, experience and overall value. In the coming weeks, look forward to new enhancements, features and opportunities to enjoy the benefits of the new Goldkey."

...A recent survey by the statistics company IPWalk.com revealed 40-50% jumps in domain registration rates in Russia, Canada and Luxembourg over the last 9 months of 2005. Growth in the U.S. was also robust at 30%. Surprisingly two countries known for strong IT sectors, Taiwan and India, showed almost no domain registration growth at all. The full article is here...

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I was just about to post that, but checked and it was posted already :)
thats the worst, I also hate when your reading a thread and while you were reading someone posted what you were posting, and you both have the same comment/info/whatever.

I hope they get rid of the ever changing passwords at gk, I always forget mine since I stopped using them a while ago, but when I try to look at stats for domains I need to email myself the pass

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read about the buyout and there seems to be ongoing consolidation of portfolios in the domain industry. What I cannot determine yet is if the buyouts are wide sweeping across all domain categories or selective acquisitions, i.e. only dot com, real estate domains, high traffic domains, etc.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
carlton said:
I read about the buyout and there seems to be ongoing consolidation of portfolios in the domain industry. What I cannot determine yet is if the buyouts are wide sweeping across all domain categories or selective acquisitions, i.e. only dot com, real estate domains, high traffic domains, etc.
My impression is that so far the interest in domains by mainstream entities has been pretty much limited to generic, traffic-generating, .com names since all the buzz has been about traffic. Almost all of the aftermarket activity in newer TLDs names involves either individual end-users or other domainer-investors. The mainstream $$ would probably wait on the sidelines until the newer TLD sector further matures and starts getting its own share of type-in traffic and/or other (as yet undetermined) traffic advantage via SEs; for instance, preferential ranking of ccTLD domains within a given country and more sophisticated matching of the site content and site TLD with the search querry, for example: search for "diabetes complications" generating preferential results for .info sites given there's relevant content as well.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean. Along those lines, of the traffic-generating .com's, I wonder how many of them sustain the traffic that made them attractive in the first place. I suspect that for a fair number the traffic drops off eventually unless there is some meaningful content to support the site as in your .info description of "diabetes complications".

However, a relevant landing page of links may do the trick in maintaining repeat user interest and revenue. Curious about the risk of large $$ outlays for portfolios based strictly on "traffic revenue" whereby the names may be second or third tier (i.e. not much value aside form traffic).

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DryHeat, I really hope your prediction becomes reality... Invested a considerable amount in cctlds.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
droplister said:
thats the worst, I also hate when your reading a thread and while you were reading someone posted what you were posting, and you both have the same comment/info/whatever.
I don't mind him doing the story, he IS the industry's news guy.:cool:

droplister said:
I hope they get rid of the ever changing passwords at gk, I always forget mine since I stopped using them a while ago, but when I try to look at stats for domains I need to email myself the pass
Me too. I have not been in to see my stats there for a long time, partly cause I hate to be disappointed, lol.:greenrazz:

What I would like to know, why are they buying the parking service? Are they going to sell links on these domains to companies? I mean they are one of the largest traffic domain holders in the world, if they can sell some of that traffic in other ways then PPC, I could go for that. sort of like Domainsponsor's PPA ads mixed in with the PPC ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom