Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

BuyDomains pulled sale after I had paid 10 days earlier and received confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalkinPro1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has ever bought a domain from BuyDomains.com, but I want to know if this is allowed/legal. I purchased a domain after seeing it for sale, calling to confirm it was for sale, and paying the price in full. This was on Jan 12th and I received completed receipt.

I followed up mid this week as transfer was never done with no response. Then, tonight I received a short email saying, "Thank you for your purchase, unfortunately this domain is not for sale. There was a technical issue and the domain was uploaded by accident. I apologize for the inconvenience but we are forced to cancel this sale and refund your money."

Can they really just pull the domain away from me due to an "accident" even though sale was finalized, payment received, etc? Thank you.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are part of the (IMO) BS "Afternic DSL" and I believe there are many strange things going on with that. I would say that one of three things happened:
1. You purchased a name that someone was coaxed into setting a "floor" price with and then decided not to sell.
2. The name purchased was removed before they updated their system.
3. You got a great price and they saw that and took the domain and sent you that messgae (Most unlikely, but putting it out there as a suspicion)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are part of the (IMO) BS "Afternic DSL" and I believe there are many strange things going on with that. I would say that one of three things happened:
1. You purchased a name that someone was coaxed into setting a "floor" price with and then decided not to sell.
2. The name purchased was removed before they updated their system.
3. You got a great price and they saw that and took the domain and sent you that messgae (Most unlikely, but putting it out there as a suspicion)
4. They got a higher offer in the interim between purchase and transfer.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well done for BuyDomains.com.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received that BS response from Afternic/BuyDomains that someone is "interested" in one of your domains and you have to set a price(floor price & selling price)? That is the biggest BS going. FYI "Tip" - The name will sell at your floor price or you will never hear from them again.

My advice - take your names out of their system. If the buyer wants your name they will find it.

FalkinPro1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, it is definitely #3 or #4 IMO. The .com for this particular domain went for high $xx,xxx in late 2008, and I was buying the .net for $xxx. Obviously the owner had no idea what they were selling which is not my problem that BuyDomains manipulates the pricing. To top it off it was a "buy now", not even a bidding auction...

I have been contemplating having our attorney look into it but I assume BuyDomains has some crummy disclaimer that protects themselves.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant believe you paid BD's full pop. there is at LEAST a 25%-50% cut expected when buying from them.

FalkinPro1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We couldn't find the domain listed elsewhere so we suspect owner only utilized BD to list and try to liquidate the domain.

FalkinPro1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We couldn't get a hold of them but in retrospect this would have made things far easier. Normally we only buy direct unless it is through a trusted 3rd party like Sedo, Moniker, etc. so needless to say this is the last time we ever use BuyDomains for acquiring a domain...

FalkinPro1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to update the thread on this. I found out the domain was 3rd party owned and never should have been listed anyway. The real owner finally got back to us and apparently the domain is under a loan and some other misc issues.

Bottom line is BuyDomains should have never listed the domain in the first place as they stated. Still frustrating nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom