Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

buydomains. UGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gee, anybody still wonder why they are against the WLS? It should be obvious by now. I remember when I used to live for the day when afternic, and greatdomains would slip into the abyss, and now I can only pray that buydomains gets so many names and keeps the prices so high that eventually they too will bite the dust. I even like ultsearch better than them. ANybody else hate buydomains?

Domain summit 2024

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why hate ?

I totally respect them as they are better than me at grabbing great expired names.

Even more, there is an awful lot to learn from them; the fact they get more names than me just means it's *my* fault or lack of knowledge, not theirs.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
me just means it's *my* fault or lack of knowledge

Lack of knowledge?

I'd say lack of resources is more like it.

These guys got in the drop business a long time ago
and as a result have incredibly large spending budgets.

I'm not saying it's unfair. It's perfectly fair. I'm saying that
they have no problem spending tens of thousands of
dollars on drop pool access through different registrars,
while the average, or above average speculator may
not have that type of money.

They're good because they jumped on the wagon at the
right time and because they work hard.

Luc L.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time ... but beatz and I agree on something.

Don't whine about competition ... compete better.

Shaun

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes noone has forbidden You to Work hard ;)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainRetriever

Lack of knowledge?

I'd say lack of resources is more like it.

I can only partially agree.

Of course money is a great helper; still sometimes you can compensate lack of money with skills, time, work, and IDEAS.

Don`t wanna tell too much but just one small practicable hint:

There are ICANN approved registrars in countries where the average households monthly income is lower than $600.

Not to say this way you can totally compete with BD and such, but then again it was just one little example....:)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure those registrars aren't the ones making the big
catches for buydomains.

Luc L.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didnt say they do.

My point was a completely different one.

Actually i should delete that hint in my above post as there might be people who get the idea behind it...:)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last message could have been understood in many different
way.

I saw the second reason, but figured you're thinking about
the first.

As far as people getting the idea, you're 100% right. :D

Luc L.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i meant there might be people that get the point i tried to bring across with that hint and i maybe should delete that hint so i am not breeding more competitors than necessary. :)

Just to (not) avoid confusion...:D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. Here's my point. They have come out very strong against WLS as you are all aware. That would certainly take away there advantage wouldn't it? We all know they have considerable deals for bandwidth resources, and 99% of us will never be able to compete against that I don't care what you say. As long as they can get erica.com, miss.com and on and on because of there admittedly superior resources, they will not have a worry in the world. Try to buy a name from them. They quoted me $30,000 for idsonline.com. Lets face the truth. Now domain drop catching has become a picture of the haves and have nots. Even those of us using namewinner and snapnames don't stand much of a chance getting a name like erica.com when BD can point 12 or so connections at it. Truth is , if scripts can be banned, they should be, but Im not sure thats possible. That would even the playing field for everybody. If your answer is, build your business to compete with them, forget it. Theres 1500 members here, if we all did the same thing as BD, the system would malfunction. I am more inclined to welcome WLS now more than ever, and I was against it because of the pricing. Of course, these are only my opinions.

Hey beatz. are we going to turn this into a war forum? I'd rather not see that.

THis war is/was necessary.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've lost to BuyDomains too, and totally respect them for their skill and expenditure of effort/resources in acquiring the top names. In a competitive market, there are winners and losers and they happen to be the winners today ---- that doesn't mean that they'll always be the winners (years ago, there were different top players).

WLS is a tax on ALL players, not just BuyDomains. It's like saying that we should impose a 20% sales tax on all businesses -- of course they are against it, as are many others who'd be hurt having to give Verisign more of the pie.

The supply of good names is fixed, and all WLS does is give a bigger portion of the pie to Verisign.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nexcorp
Ok. I am more inclined to welcome WLS now more than ever, and I was against it because of the pricing. Of course, these are only my opinions.

Hey beatz. are we going to turn this into a war forum? I'd rather not see that.

THis war is/was necessary.

BuyDomains can currently be beat only because they can't cover everything. I got a kick out of your comment nexcorp because I believe I beat them to Warforum.com the other day. Maybe I should turn the site into a WLS forum. Anyway, I do think the idea that they can't cover everything would be compounded by their increased cost for WLS subscriptions. Yeah the cost goes up for everyone, and I'm against it and Verislime, but the point is the cost for the little guys like us will go up by a much smaller overall cost than for Buydomains. They do have limited resources, and if their cost goes up by 10 times, the number of names they can cover goes down, leaving more for the masses. That's why they're kicking and screaming. If anyone thinks it's because they think it's unfair (it is) to the overall market, think again. They are out for themselves just like all of us. I'd just rather it be us that benefits and not them. Like the idea of WLS or hate it, it would hurt Buydomains more than us.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor BuyDomains can currently be beat only because they can't cover everything. I got a kick out of your comment nexcorp because I believe I beat them to Warforum.com the other day. Maybe I should turn the site into a WLS forum. Anyway, I do think the idea that they can't cover everything would be compounded by their increased cost for WLS subscriptions. Yeah the cost goes up for everyone, and I'm against it and Verislime, but the point is the cost for the little guys like us will go up by a much smaller overall cost than for Buydomains. They do have limited resources, and if their cost goes up by 10 times, the number of names they can cover goes down, leaving more for the masses. That's why they're kicking and screaming. If anyone thinks it's because they think it's unfair (it is) to the overall market, think again. They are out for themselves just like all of us. I'd just rather it be us that benefits and not them. Like the idea of WLS or hate it, it would hurt Buydomains more than us.

Wish you would also post this at the other forum DState. When I post basically what you said I get beat up badly by some Mods over there and many others who argue the opposite, seemingly favoring BD, appearing to refuse to admit it would harm BD, and heavily for the current system and very strongly against WLS.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm takin a shelacking somewhat here too. It's hard to get a simple name against these guys, and a great name you can just about forget as they "tune" their system to it. They use MOAB to go after the best ones, (mother of all bandwidth).

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great name you can just about forget

I would have to disagree. If you have the $$ you'll be able
to get almost any domain you want from a drop.

Don't expect SnapNames to use all of their resources to chase
your $69 subscription and don't expect eNom scripts to win
the name for you either.

If you're resourceful and have the $$, there is nothing you can't
get.

Luc L.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does BD offer "testimonials" from DN owners.. regarding success they've had with using their system.

appears too me, last time i reviewed their site.. that domain reselelrs.. need to change their dns too BD.. and have no actual site built on the name..
and BD's would handle the marketing and seo work too get a one pager indexed.. for that domain..

is that still the case?

and do dn resellers have success with BD??

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time out. Retriever just validated my haves and have nots claim. It takes money to have those resources right? SO the playing field is certainly not even , at all. Im sure they pay a premium for all that bandwidth and thos that bid 5 0r 10 gs at NW well, thats just crazy. WLS, first come first serve , all pay the same price. Lets face it, they have a huge advantage. Hard work yes. But, should you and I have an equal chance at getting a dropped name? DO we? If we all used there system, would the entire DNS freeze? The results speak for themselves. ANd why shouldn't I expect snapnames to get a name for me for my $69.00? They get buydomains names, probably for less.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly does BD offer "testimonials" from DN owners.. regarding success they've had with using their system.....and do dn resellers have success with BD??

I am fairly sure BD only grabs names for their own account and portfolio, and resale by them, not 3rd parties.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nexcorp
But, should you and I have an equal chance at getting a dropped name? DO we? If we all used there system, would the entire DNS freeze? The results speak for themselves. ANd why shouldn't I expect snapnames to get a name for me for my $69.00? They get buydomains names, probably for less.

The DNS wouldn't freeze because registrars are forced to cap
the amount of registration attempts at the drop pool level.

You and I should not have the same chance of getting
domains. The more resourceful person should have a higher
probability. BD is more resourceful and more EXPERIENCED. Of
course, this experience only came with TIME.

I'm getting tired of all these people complaining, saying that it's
"NOT FAIR" that BD and others catch all the "good" names.

There is nothing unfair going on here. This is a business, and
just as in any business, those who are resourceful and adopt
quickly to the changing environment win. Those who think they
can get a $10k domain with a $69 Snap, doing nothing, are fools (once
in a while fools do get lucky).

Don't get me wrong, Snap is good, just not practical in all cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators