Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buyer Backed Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr4111

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it common for buyers to back out of deals after confirming to ourchase a domain name? A buyer bought my name at BIN at Sedo, and then never paid. Sedo gave me his contact information, and asked me to contact directly. Same story happened again at GoDaddy (except GoDaddy did not give me his email - just provided me a platform to email him).

What would would be my best move in this situation?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy doesn't release buyer information. They do a partial ban on the member. The buyer can't access auctions page but he can continue to use GoDaddy. It took me more than 15 days to cancel one of the failed auctions. If you had paid the $19.99 to showcase you auction then don't expect them to give you a refund.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of this issue now. A potential buyer made an offer on a domain I had for sale at Sedo, it went to auction, he won and still hasn't paid. The auction ended on November 30th.

Ridiculous...

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo will ban the buyer if you ask them. But the buyer can also reinstate his account by paying the commission.

rr4111

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to know...thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Good to know...thx!
GoDaddy doesn't release buyer information. They do a partial ban on the member. The buyer can't access auctions page but he can continue to use GoDaddy. It took me more than 15 days to cancel one of the failed auctions. If you had paid the $19.99 to showcase you auction then don't expect them to give you a refund.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Acro - Glad to hear that it worked out, and mad props for remembering the name.

I love this. Not :p
Here's a story about how I made a deadbeat buyer pay, 18 months later. Like an elephant, I don't forget.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Thanks for your wisdom!

Wipe away your tears, and find another buyer.

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've encountered this before, actually. I'm not sure about Sedo, but in the case of GoDaddy, they will hand over the domain name to the previous bidder. If you only had one bid, then I guess you're out of luck. Having that said, GoDaddy will contact the bidder and temporarily ban them until they pay a minimal fee. I believe it was $40. The bidder has three chances to be temporarily banned, with each chance costing them more money to continue using GoDaddy. On the fourth chance, they are permanently banned. Honestly, I wouldn't go crazy over this situation. Your domain name hasn't been stolen, so just put it up for sale again. Plenty of fish in the sea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom