Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buyer identifier - FEATURE REQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To any SEDO person who might read this.

I have a domain name for sale that so far has received 6 or so offers.

The issue I have is that I cannot identify if a buyer who makes an offer is unique. The problem I'm having is that I'm receiving an offer, I counter offer (and that might go on a few times) and then the negotiation get's cancelled by the buyer. Then 2 days later, I receive a new offer, close to the price point previously negotiated by the previous bid thread. My guess is this is the same buyer, but there does not seem any way to tell ?? Why are buyers not identified (even if they are with a number or so or simply with their username like at afternic). I currently do not know if I'm talking to the same guy again and therefore am unsure about where to start the negotation price point. Another feature I miss is the capability to sent the potential buyer a message without the need for a counter offer (again, like afternic). I find it often rude to cancel a negotiation without giving a reason to the bidder.

Do I make sense ?

Many thanks,
Mike.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
at this rate you might get it featured in top domains section, especially if you have had 30 or 40 offers

fxdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It will soon be shown in the 'recent sales' box on the site. Buyer just accepted my counter offer ;-)

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there fxdomains.com,

I can understand your frustration and we have taken your comments on board. Thanks for the feedback, we're always looking for ways to improve the system and this is something that cropped up a couple of days ago as a possible added feature. We guarantee the anonymity of both buyers and sellers through our system, but I do agree that a system of using some kind of identifier could be a good addition.

However, in order to prevent people making bogus bids and abusing the anonymity, we do reduce buyers to a maximum of three bid threads on any one domain name. This ensures that situations like the one you are describing are kept to a minimum.

If you email my colleague ([email protected]), with the domain name in question, then she'll be able to help you out as to whether or not it's the same buyer trying to trick you. My sister's getting married tomorrow, so I won't be able to help you out before Monday. :cheeky:

For any other questions at any other time, you can always email me.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed the "maximum of three bid threads" will not ensure that situations like that are kept to a minimum.

The buyer simply cancels one thread and then open a new one for the same domain.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, I also don't like the fact that I, as a seller, can only lower my offer, once an offer has been made, yet the buyer can keep making new offers for the same amount as the first offer..they should have to increase in either $50.00 or $100.00 increments...I hate getting emailed that the buyer has made a new offer, only to see that it was the same offer that I originally refused.

fxdomains.com said:
To any SEDO person who might read this.

I have a domain name for sale that so far has received 6 or so offers.

The issue I have is that I cannot identify if a buyer who makes an offer is unique. The problem I'm having is that I'm receiving an offer, I counter offer (and that might go on a few times) and then the negotiation get's cancelled by the buyer. Then 2 days later, I receive a new offer, close to the price point previously negotiated by the previous bid thread. My guess is this is the same buyer, but there does not seem any way to tell ?? Why are buyers not identified (even if they are with a number or so or simply with their username like at afternic). I currently do not know if I'm talking to the same guy again and therefore am unsure about where to start the negotation price point. Another feature I miss is the capability to sent the potential buyer a message without the need for a counter offer (again, like afternic). I find it often rude to cancel a negotiation without giving a reason to the bidder.

Do I make sense ?

Many thanks,
Mike.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
jazzpetals said:
I agree, I also don't like the fact that I, as a seller, can only lower my offer, once an offer has been made, yet the buyer can keep making new offers for the same amount as the first offer..they should have to increase in either $50.00 or $100.00 increments...I hate getting emailed that the buyer has made a new offer, only to see that it was the same offer that I originally refused.

Lowballers need to be identifiable & blockable. Much like eBay lets you block users. Also, why doesn't Sedo allow for an offer to be cancelled right away and requires a counter-offer? I usually slap lowballers with a 40,000 euro reply. They get scared away :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom