Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buyer signs agreement, then they ask for invoice from seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This transaction via Sedo has an interesting twist: after the agreement was reached and buyer was invoiced by Sedo, they stalled and waited for a full two weeks.

Finally they responded that they want to be invoiced by the seller (me) for the domain name and amount.

I was having a bad Monday morning already and after talking with Sedo's people I said I will go the extra mile and send an invoice to them to forward to the buyer.

After a short nap earlier to recover some of my lost theta and delta waves, I am left pondering at the stupidity and waste of energy of my Monday afternoon.

Sedo has already invoiced the buyer. What is the point of the invoice other than to indicate, per the agreement that the buyer needs to fulfil their part of the agreement and submit payment?

And finally, what would I invoice the buyer for? I can't invoice them for the full amount under my name, of which Sedo keeps 10% because then I have to declare this as income when it's not. I can't invoice them for the amount I keep, because they will then pay that much and not the agreement amount.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Problem resolved - $x,xxx sale completed. Took almost 6 weeks but a sale is a sale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I must add that it took several frustrating calls to complete this. Sedo did their part to facilitate the sale and despite my rather heated calls they were very professional (Ara was the transfer handler). The main problem was definitely the buyer's slow approach to the matter and their location (Israel). I was told Israelis take their sweet time to do things; I thought that was the priviledge of Greeks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom