Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buyers should specify their bugdets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen so many buyers who fail to specify their budget when supposedly buying names. I think it is crucial to introduce the mandatory "budget" specification in those "domains wanted" posts, otherwise its a big timewasting oversight resulting in completely unnecessary communication between a buyer who has xx budget and a seller who offers name with x,xxx or xx,xxx minimum price.

Let's cut some crap.

Upvote 0

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO it's more of a problem that SELLERS specify their minimum expected price or at least a price range.

One reason I rarely bother to try and buy names at the forums anymore is so many sellers will not give a price until after you make an offer, and then they are unrealistic too. It's like shooting in the dark.

Most of the time the disparity it too wide to even bother with a new offer, for example, I will offer say $7,000 and seller wants $100,000 (that's an actual case), or I offer $300 and seller wants $5,000 on a name which may be valued at say $500 or so.

Its all a bunch of absurd nonsence and like playing a guessing game which is why my domain buying (and forum participation) has been reduced drastically over the past year and will stay that way.

Do you buy a house, car, movie ticket or a loaf of bread with the seller refusing to give his price first, and tells you to make an offer? How crazy is that anyway?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with trader. Sellers need to set a price, not wait for a buyer's budget so they can hit the high end of it.

The exception would be in Domains Wanted, where the potential buyer is the poster, and should set a budget.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Agree with trader. Sellers need to set a price, not wait for a buyer's budget so they can hit the high end of it.

The exception would be in Domains Wanted, where the potential buyer is the poster, and should set a budget.
--------------------------------

Agree absolutely, especially where potential buyers are the poster, and wish it would be a mandatory rule at dnforum. If you want to buy a name, set a budget using $XX-$XXX-$XXXX-$XXXXX or higher. Those posters who indicate send me your names and I will reply if interested are wasting everyone's time unless a general budget is known.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too agree with trader ... I've recently updated most of my listings back to stated ask prices...

I experimented with "Make Offer" for awhile ... actually got less inquiries, and the ones I did get tended to be way off what I was seeking...

It's a two way street ... with stated ask prices, buyers know if their budget is sufficient for purchase or not before inquiring; is easier to negotiate a final price with a buyer downward than upwards as often is the case of "make offer" listings.

Ron

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stating a budget is an often asked question

however, some will state high budgets, and then reply lowball counter offers!

some buyers, you don't have to ask for budget, cause you know their rep.

for sellers....i sometimes ask for offers, then sometimes post with prices.

either way, you still get lower offers for posted prices and for "non-posted" prices.

although percentages for a sale are higher, when domains are priced....
the sale price tends to be higher, when an offer is submitted for a domain with no price.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually if I set a budget when requesting sites or domains, I always get the offers from people trying to take advantage of it. I get so many pms a day asking for $15,000.00 for a name thats honestly worth Register's Fee.

I one time got a pm about a site making $20.00 a month and they were asking for a couple mid thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom