Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

buying a developed site

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok. In cpanel there is a mysql DB icon...click on that. Then when that comes up and loads there is another link, at the very bottom that says "Php My Admin". Click on that.

This will bring up a SQL Admin program and from there you can do a DB dump. I always advise doing a dump with complete inserts, and drop table as well. Then, you go to the other person Php My Admin and upload the DB dump.

The prefix of the DB may at that point change...so any config.php files you have may need edited.

Hope this helps.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a function within WHM in cpanel that does this.
I am on a weekend trip right now, so I dont have the links with me, but if you check, it is in there somewhere.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
going purely by memory now.
somewhere in cpanel there is a function to remote backup the sql database. I think thats were it is.
you specify an external location and it uploads it directly.
cant remember much more...

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the remote backup feature in cpanel is to allow the user to tar.gz either their entire "system wide" (backup) -- which includes crons, dbs, etc., and can be restored on ANOTHER cpanel system.. There is also the option to tar.gz backup the files only, and upload them remotely via ftp or scp.

Or, you can simply stop one DB, click on backup db, and get the .gz of it -- import/restore it to the new system, and start everything back up.

Hope this helps.

-Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom