• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Buying Domain Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCal

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
1,481
Reaction score
0
Could someone please help me out?

If i wanted to buy a domain off my friend or anyone else, how would i go about getting it transfered into my name?

Thanks All


Dean
 
Transfer it to Your name?
Where is the domain registered? Wich registrar?
 
I use ukreg.com and it was registered on beepdomains.co.uk? I'm new-ish to the domain game.!

Thanks

Dean
 
more than likely youll have to pay a transfer fee and with uk registers they tend to be £20 to £30
 
That doesn't seem fair really, is there no other way around it? What if i buy my own server, i have around 40 names so far so would that save me any money? I realise servers are about £500 a year?

Dean
 
Hosting has got nothing to do with owning domains. I put a bit about buying domains on my site http://www.domainpairs.com and this may help you. I wrote it about a year ago, so maybe I should update it soon.

You need to separate .co.uk domains from international domains (.com etc). For international domains, I think you should use registrars like On Line NIC - cost should be around $7-$8 per domain per year and no transfer charges.

Some hosting companies link domains to other services and charge a transfer fee if they lose the income from these services.

For example I have a "free" domain with freenetnames, but if I want to move it from them, I need to pay £95. To use the domain. I need to use a dial up service via their ISP subsidiary.

£500 a year sounds a lot for hosting. You can get virtual hosting for around £10 per year. You can also alias multiple domains to this one site. It depends on your bandwidth/storage requirements. I also have a muti- site hosting account where I pay $26 per month for 50 GB of bandwidth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom