Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying Domain Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could someone please help me out?

If i wanted to buy a domain off my friend or anyone else, how would i go about getting it transfered into my name?

Thanks All

Dean

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Transfer it to Your name?
Where is the domain registered? Wich registrar?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use ukreg.com and it was registered on beepdomains.co.uk? I'm new-ish to the domain game.!

Thanks

Dean

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That doesn't seem fair really, is there no other way around it? What if i buy my own server, i have around 40 names so far so would that save me any money? I realise servers are about £500 a year?

Dean

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hosting has got nothing to do with owning domains. I put a bit about buying domains on my site http://www.domainpairs.com and this may help you. I wrote it about a year ago, so maybe I should update it soon.

You need to separate .co.uk domains from international domains (.com etc). For international domains, I think you should use registrars like On Line NIC - cost should be around $7-$8 per domain per year and no transfer charges.

Some hosting companies link domains to other services and charge a transfer fee if they lose the income from these services.

For example I have a "free" domain with freenetnames, but if I want to move it from them, I need to pay £95. To use the domain. I need to use a dial up service via their ISP subsidiary.

£500 a year sounds a lot for hosting. You can get virtual hosting for around £10 per year. You can also alias multiple domains to this one site. It depends on your bandwidth/storage requirements. I also have a muti- site hosting account where I pay $26 per month for 50 GB of bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom