Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Buying domains with OVT w/ext - Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Need some advice on acquiring domains that have OVT w/ext scores.

First off, what exactly does OVT w/ext measure? Is there a rule of thumb as to expected traffic from a certain OVT w/ext score?

I have a few names i am looking at right now, not sure if a traffic test is possible. OVT w/ext over 50+ for each. All are generic since 1999 not typos.
Is traffic expected on names like these? Even if ovt without ext returns results under 1000?

I would appreciate your insights.

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ovt w/ext measures how many times the domain was typed into the yahoo search network for that month with the extension , .com / .net etc..., the US overture does not show under 25 scores. The foriegn overture scores do show under 25 scores , UK etc... There is really no way of measuring how much traffic a ovt w/ext will get, but the higher the score the better chance of more traffic obviously. The domains you described that are generic are probably real ovt scores if they are not expiring domains , as the expireds turn up false scores. A good way to tell true ovt w/ext is to watch it for a few months , if the score keeps coming up then its a good score and probably not false.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNjet,

Thanks for your input.

To add some more information. I have been tracking domains for a few months. Scores have fluctuated to over 100 and back. Also checked the waybackmachine to check if domain was developed via cached pages. Also all backlinks are dead and have been.

Google search for term in quotes returns close to 50,000 results.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the scores can certainly fluctuate like that, not unusual , but if they are showing those scores for a few months then you can be fairly confident that they are true scores, which means they are pure type-in domains. The google search in quotes 50,000 confirms the term itself.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or examples of names that have real ovt w/ext scores (non-typos)?

I would be interested to see what average score is, how long the domain is, and how many uniques actually come in / day.

Please share if you have any examples.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

simply register one of the domains with Moniker and see what traffic you get. If there is no traffic you can drop the domain within 4 days and then only pay the ICANN fee of $0.25.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snicksnack,

Thanks for the advice. Did not make myself clear in initial post. By the title "buying domains" i meant acquiring and not registering. These are domains i am currently in negotiation with. Obviously not with people on this forum.

If these were available i would be registering them by the dozens.

Decision becomes more difficult when price range is in $x,xxx.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do yourself a favor don't base your decision on overture scores , these are obviously investment domains which appear to have some traffic , ovt w/ext scores can be to decieving to base a $x.xxx purchase on , I have domains that show 100 w/ext and get 5 a day , yet others with a 25 score that get 30 a day , base your decision and what you feel market value of the domains are and traffic secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom