Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying expired domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

uclaboyz

TopCars.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I buy an expired domain, what kind of "history" should be checking it up against, and where would I be able to do that? For example, I don't want to buy an expired domain that was blacklisted by ISP, how do I check that?

Also, will the WHOIS show that this domain was registered at its first inception date, or the date I picked it up? I heard domains that are registered for a long period of time gets preferential treatment by Google, and I'm wondering if registering an expired domain can take care of this aspect.

Thanks!
Steve

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could check the various RBL lists to see if any of them have the name listed. Another way would be to set up an account at each ISP you care about and then send yourself a forged e-mail from that domain.

If you go with a drop service that re-registers the domain name after it is deleted, then the whois creation date will reflect the date the name we re-registered, not the original inception date. If you are trying to keep the original date, then you need to work out a deal with the previous owner before it drops. Some registrars, like NetSol, have special services in place that help you do this.

Regards,
-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom