Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying my first domain. Unsure of proceedure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I emailed someone an offer for their domain.
Today they accepted my offer.

I then emailed them to ask what payment method they would take, and they replied with "send the money to my bankingaccount in germany, so you get the autho-code for this domain to change the provider and the ownership of this domain" . This was then followed by a bank name, number, account owner name, IBAN code and a SWIFT-/BIC-Code.

I think the site they're wanting me to do this through is sparkasse-bamberg.de.

Thing is, this website, it's german. I can't figure out how to use it. I don't know how it works. Does it move funds from bank account to bank account? Or is it more like Paypal, in that you have your own little ONLINE bank account... Can you use a credit card to send funds to someone's account?

Are you familiar with this site? I don't even know if it's trusted.

So basically, I need to send 300 euros from England to Germany to pay for a domain, but how? What are my options?

Thank you :worried:

P.S. He doesn't use Paypal.

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. But Sparkasse is one of the biggest banks in Germany, comparable to Deutsche Bank. They do have online banking but use Escrow.com services to be sure and safe. You don't want to press on any icons that you don't understand.

Best Advice: Use Escrow and tell the seller that you'll use the purchase price to pay for the transaction, or ask him to share it.

Coward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

For the seller to receive the funds, will they need an Escrow account as well?

edit- I found the domain by randomly visitting the page, checking out the whois, and emailing them.

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the seller to receive the funds, will they need an Escrow account as well?

Yes. It takes 5 minutes to Register. Seller needs to have Escrow.com account to initiate a possible transaction.

Hope it helped.

Coward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

but..
" In addition, when paying by credit card, you will be required to sign a credit card charge authorization form and FAX it to Escrow.com along with a copy of the credit card you submitted. "

I've never used a fax machine in my life :eek:

When will they want me to send this?

----------------------
I wonder if there's such a thing as a european postal orders..
It would definitely be easier.

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

but..
" In addition, when paying by credit card, you will be required to sign a credit card charge authorization form and FAX it to Escrow.com along with a copy of the credit card you submitted. "

I've never used a fax machine in my life :eek:

When will they want me to send this?

They'll send you a PDF file or you could probably download it from their website. You read through it, sign it. Make a Xerox copy of your credit card so that they know you're not using someone else's credit card. Then you fax the xerox copy and your signed document to the number that Escrow.com will send you, or find it via their website. IF you've never used a Fax machine then go to an Internet Cafe and ask them to fax the documents to the Escrow.com number you have obtained via the procedure above. And, you're done!

Good Luck!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you contact the seller first to see if he will accept Escrow?..... He may so NO or he may say that you have to pay 100% of the escrow fee....... I dont know what the amount of this transaction is, but anything over $500 I always use Escrow.com

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was then followed by [/FONT]a bank name, number, account owner name, IBAN code and a SWIFT-/BIC-Code. .

You take this information into your bank and they make the wire transfer for you. I translate that to about $420 US and I know my bank charges a $20 fee for the service.

However you have to then trust the owner to give you the domain as promised. I've always just paid anything under $300 or so directly and trusted. I haven't been screwed yet but there is a whole lot of bad people out there.

Use of Escrow.com is an option. Especially if your cash is limited. If they won't go for Escrow.com I wouldn't buy the domain.

Just a suggestion but unless the domain is really compelling you can buy a lot of $400 domains here from members where their history & reputation is known.

cashboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how about emailing funds. I know you can do 1,000 daily, with a 3k minimum to the
u.s....it is a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom