Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Buying Previously Owned Vbul Licences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knux

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just wondering what your oppinions on buying previously owned vbulletin licences are. I have been looking very hard to find someone who is selling one as I don't want to pay the full 160$. I want to know if its worth it to save the money and risk the chance of buying a potential fraudulent licence, although it's pretty easy to tell if one is. Do any of you have past experiences with vbulletin licences? Thanks

Regards, Ryan

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not much problem if the seller is legit.
ask for verification in wht

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Ryan. :)

To answer your question: yes, you could and should verify any second-hand vB license with vBulletin.com. But they have also made it clear that the seller could always do a charge back months later and your ownership will be inlegitimate then. So dealing with a total stranger might not be your best option.

My take is that if you just need a forum for hobbies and don't want to invest $160, go with e.g. phpBB (which is free). If you are serious about it or the forum is for business, buy a new one from vB will save you a lot of hassles.

knux

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments and welcomes!

Stinos- I would try to find someone on this board, but I don't know what forum to look on. I read all of the forum descriptions but not sure where it could be posted?

nameslave- Thanks for the welcome! If the ownership rights were changed, then how can a previous owner do a chargeback?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
knux said:
nameslave- Thanks for the welcome! If the ownership rights were changed, then how can a previous owner do a chargeback?
That is where the problem lies. When the previous owner does a chargeback through credit card, vBulletin will be forced to invalidate that license:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
knux said:
Thanks for all of your comments and welcomes!

Stinos- I would try to find someone on this board, but I don't know what forum to look on. I read all of the forum descriptions but not sure where it could be posted?

good question :)

you can place it here:

http://www.dnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had this senario happen to me and I didn't find out the license was invalid for at least 8 months. I attempted to obtain my money back from paypal for the $100 but they cut me off short before I submitted the affidavit even though they were supposed to allow a certain amount of days. Regardless Vbulletin activated my license but I haven't renewed the member area access.

knux

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all of your help guys! I have posted a topic and am hopeing to get one soon. Who knows, maybe one of you will buy a skin of me in the future :)

Regards, Ryan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom