Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying/Selling sites... what's appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpone

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking. Your thoughts on the following are appreciated:

I purchased a site on Flippa from an individual and it has done fairly well. It has good content and reasonable visitors and click through rate.

I discovered that the person who sold me the site has created another site on the same topic with the same design... it appears to be different content... and the individual has used a version of the domain name as my site.

The sale did not include a "do not compete" clause... but, (and this is my error) I would think that the gentlemanly thing to do would be to stay away from the topic and not build a virtually duplicate site.

My site was rated on the first page under my topic search... now, I don't even see it.

To make matters worse... my site (that I bought from him) is still hosted on his hosting account.

Does anyone have any thoughts on recourse/what I might do?

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking. Your thoughts on the following are appreciated:

I purchased a site on Flippa from an individual and it has done fairly well. It has good content and reasonable visitors and click through rate.

I discovered that the person who sold me the site has created another site on the same topic with the same design... it appears to be different content... and the individual has used a version of the domain name as my site.

The sale did not include a "do not compete" clause... but, (and this is my error) I would think that the gentlemanly thing to do would be to stay away from the topic and not build a virtually duplicate site.

My site was rated on the first page under my topic search... now, I don't even see it.

To make matters worse... my site (that I bought from him) is still hosted on his hosting account.

Does anyone have any thoughts on recourse/what I might do?

I would never do such thing, but, you answered yourself in red bold.
I don't think there is much you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom