Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

<< Bye Bye Registerfly >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainsusi

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know - here is part of an email I received from eNom:

This is a formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered through eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com.

YOU MUST TAKE ACTION NOW TO RETAIN FULL MANAGEMENT RIGHTS TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. As we are severing our relationship with RegisterFly, we are aware that this may have an impact on you as the domain owner.

Domain Days 2024
T

tekz999

registerfly should have died 2 years ago, they have already won the lottery for surviving this long. I would love to buy a book if the owner(s) of registerfly write a topic like: risk management, being immune to all lawsuits, etc.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad me never made a account there!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I receved same letter too. Good bye, regfly!

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes ...good news

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what do I need to do to get the names back to enom? Registerfly is down again... I already lost many good domains and I want to put a stop at it... Also, do you have any idea how I can renew names that expired already at registerfly? They keep taken money from my credit but never renew my domains...

Thanks.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Omg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got this email from eNom:

This is a formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered through eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com.

YOU MUST TAKE ACTION NOW TO RETAIN FULL MANAGEMENT RIGHTS TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. As we are severing our relationship with RegisterFly, we are aware that this may have an impact on you as the domain owner.
Therefore we would like to offer this opportunity to assist you in securing control of your domain name directly with eNom.

Over the last year, eNom has become aware of an increasing number of complaints from dissatisfied RegisterFly customers.

As an eNom reseller, RegisterFly is contractually bound to adhere to certain standards of customer service in a speedy and diligent manner. Therefore, effective immediately, we have terminated RegisterFly as a reseller of domain names through eNom.

Our records indicate that you are the registrant contact for [number removed] domains.

HOW TO SECURE CONTROL OF YOUR DOMAIN NAMES

Create a free account at eNom using the link below. Your domain names will automatically be moved to the eNom control panel where you will immediately have the ability to manage your domain(s).
In addition, these domains will receive a discounted renewal rate.

[link removed]

There is no charge for this service, as eNom is already the registrar of record for your domains. Please reference our list of frequently asked questions page http://www.enom.com/migrate/faq.asp for additional information.
We look forward to helping you feel more secure about your domain management.

eNom, Inc.
http://www.eNom.com
former registrar for RegisterFly.com

P.S.: IMPORTANT! If no action is taken, you may no longer be able to renew your domain name or manage it in 30 days.
The domain name will remain registered in your name at eNom until it expires. Please take action immediately. Thank you.

RegisterFly.com doesn't work anymore either. The good news is that any of your RegFly domains are now a bit safer. The bad news is that it will cost you $30 a year to renew them with eNom...

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 there is another thread with the same discussion

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I am wondering how this will affect their registration figures... I guess there are quite many names still on the Enom platform.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume there discounted rate is less than $30, and if you prepay them, you can get a discount as well. I never used them, but have heard lots of negative things from them.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can they just take registerfly's customers like that lol

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they can because RegFly customers are eNom customers. RegFly was a reseller of eNom.

I have a nice big blog post that I was working on just last week documenting a live support experience I was having with them. It couldn't have gone worse so it will be nice to have this new info when I finish the article. :)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a God!!! I actually never had issues with them. I never actually used the account except when I needed to transfer a sold domain.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they can because RegFly customers are eNom customers. RegFly was a reseller of eNom.

I have a nice big blog post that I was working on just last week documenting a live support experience I was having with them. It couldn't have gone worse so it will be nice to have this new info when I finish the article. :)

well with 2 million customers you would think enom would work something out with registerfly. You just don't get 2 million customers for free.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's only on the names still registered from when they were with eNom. My email said 2 names and I think I only have 1 still at regfly via eNom but if they say 2 I'll be glad to take the other whatever it is. :) I have several hundred other non-enom. This isn't the first time eNom has done this with one of their resellers/partners either. Atleast one of the clubdrop catchers has had the same happen that I know of.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Finally all the spam I've been getting from regfly for domains I no longer hold there will stop!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean Acroplex.. I have names in the expired folder that have long been transferred out. they send me renewal notices too. They're not the only ones who do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom