Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

C&d

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got my very first one. I've always wanted one, to tell you the truth. =]

It was from Google Regarding GoogleBooksSearch.com

Dear Sirs:

Google is the owner of the well-known trademark and trade name GOOGLE, as well as the domain name GOOGLE.COM. As you are no doubt aware, GOOGLE is the trademark used to identify our award-winning search engine, located at http://www.google.com. Since its inception in 1997, the GOOGLE search engine has become one of the most highly recognized and widely used Internet search engines in the world. Google owns numerous trademark registrations and applications for its GOOGLE mark in countries around the world.

Google has used and actively promoted its GOOGLE mark for a number of years, and has invested considerable time and money establishing exclusive proprietary rights in the GOOGLE mark for online computer services and a wide range of goods. As a result of its efforts, the GOOGLE mark has become a famous mark and a property right of incalculable value.

You have registered, without Google's permission or authorization, the domain name(s) googlebookssearch.com (the 'Domain Name'). The Domain Name incorporates the famous GOOGLE mark in its entirety, and, by its very composition, suggests Google's sponsorship or endorsement of your website and correspondingly, your activities.

Your use of a Domain Name that incorporates the famous GOOGLE mark in its entirety constitutes trademark infringement and dilution of Google's trademark rights and unfair competition. Your use of the Domain Name is diluting use because it weakens the ability of the GOOGLE mark and domain name to identify a single source, namely Google. Further, your registration and use of the Domain Name misleads consumers into believing that some association exists between Google and you, which tarnishes the goodwill and reputation of Google's services and trademarks.

Your registration and use of the Domain Name is also actionable under the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy ('UDRP'). Under similar circumstances, Google has prevailed in numerous UDRP actions. These decisions are located online at http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrpdec.htm.

In view of your infringement of our rights, we must demand that you provide written assurances within 7 days that you will:
1. Immediately discontinue any and all use of the Domain Name;
2. Take immediate steps to transfer the Domain Name to Google;
3. Identify and agree to transfer to Google any other domain names registered by you that contain GOOGLE or are confusingly similar to the GOOGLE mark;
4. Immediately and permanently refrain from any use of the term GOOGLE or any variation thereof that is likely to cause confusion or dilution.

Sincerely,

The Google Trademark Enforcement Team

Just sharing =]

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, what are you going to do?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you are no doubt aware, GOOGLE is the trademark

Cocky bastards. You should write back and ask them who they are. Tell them you have never heard of them and just thought it sounded like a cool name for a project your working on :)

On second thought...maybe not.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have an adsense account?
Did they freeze that too?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hahahah Bob is next!

tell them you want your reg fee duncanator

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
send it back in swahili

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
Asked what email they wanted me to initiate transfer to =]

Then what are you going to do? :-D

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I told them I was going to develop a community regarding their nice book search. I appologized that i had not yet contacted them prior to the plan.

I asked if they still wanted the domain. If they say yeah, I will say, "Please compensate me for my cost to acquire the domain ($5.24). (Just for laughs).

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their are certain companies you can't fight with a TM.

This is one of them.

surrender.

-=DCG=-

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of regging google-gobble.com

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their are certain companies you can't fight with a TM.

This is one of them.

surrender.

-=DCG=-

The Mark Monitor rep is a nice guy though =]

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I got one of these a long time ago and just ignored it. Nothing ever happened. A real C&D would come through physical mail.

Also, take a look at this: http://www.goegel.be/trademark.html

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol,

The domain wasn't worth much, probably less then $5 anyway... because of the plural.

Google emialed me back saying they will pay me back the reg fee :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom