Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.ca or cc forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many people have asked, and I'm just asking again. Is it possible to have a .ca or a cc (country code, not .cc) forum? I realize that people could request a forum for each country code, and if you just did a .ca one and one for every other country would be tedious and unnecessary.

Perhaps see how it goes and if one cc is overly popular make a subforum for that particular one.

Upvote 0

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but if there was a rule that names for sale need to be split up between the forums,
I agree, I think it'd be easier to find names - from an end user point of view, and therefore many more deals will be made here on the board.
Worth thinking about. Anyone else agree?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to search the page to find TLD, I never even noticed it hiding there.

Also now that I see the TLD forum, I also see it's under Domain Registration Discussion, and not under Domains for Sale. So to me, that means that it's there to talk about registering domains, not selling them.

I'd almost even bet if someone posted a sales thread that it would get moved to Domains for Sale by a mod.

These are searches done in the Domains for Sale forum for the last 30 days only. Yes there may be some duplicates as users can post multiple ext's in the same post and it would be counted twice by a general search.

Search: Key Word(s): .ca ; Forum: Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers and child forums Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Search: Key Word(s): .us ; Forum: Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers and child forums Showing results 1 to 25 of 65

Search: Key Word(s): .ws ; Forum: Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers and child forums Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Search: Key Word(s): .de ; Forum: Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers and child forums Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

That's a total of 85 posts just for those cc domains, lets take a look at some other forums to see traffic comparisons.

Gold Forums - Scripts - 18 posts in the last month
Gold Forums - Hosting - 7 posts in the last month
Platinum - Link Trades - 34 posts in the last month
Platinum - DNForum Domain Auction System - 18 posts in the last month
Platinum - Domain Brokerage - 27 posts in the last month

I'm not trying to be smart by showing low traffic in other forums. I'm trying to show that a cc forum could have more traffic than some of the other established forums. I'm trying to do my homework and show the work to the teacher ;)

edit - sorry it took me a while to make this post, I started before you posted. Yes I'm speaking of a sales forum.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just opened a site www.Every.ca dedicated to canadian domain names. You can buy and list domains there for sale

DNGeeks said:
Many people have asked, and I'm just asking again. Is it possible to have a .ca or a cc (country code, not .cc) forum? I realize that people could request a forum for each country code, and if you just did a .ca one and one for every other country would be tedious and unnecessary.

Perhaps see how it goes and if one cc is overly popular make a subforum for that particular one.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Provider, you can receive warnings for advertising in a DNF suggestion thread, especially when you spam it twice. Please stop. Post in advertising. Thanks

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates to this? Yet again I hear people talking about how .ca discussions and sales are lost on the site.

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I said on the .ca thread lost somewhere, I would highly appreciate a .ca section.

Thanks,

Steve

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same goes for appraisals. it's very hard to get someone to look at a .ca thread in there.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to bring this to the admin's attention. Since the .ca thread has taken off, there has been almost 100 posts in the last 6-7 weeks. The thread has numerous topics within it, so if it were a seperate forum there would probably be a number of threads posted and of course it would be easier to follow the discussions.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=81013

The thread has a total of 3,407 views, which is impressive in itself and shows that a lot of people are interested in the subject.

By contrast, some of the other forums may have more posts, but have been around for much longer.

Yes I'm still trying to win support for a .ca section. I'd like to see something with both sales and discussions in it, however simply a discussion would be fine to start with.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with a separate section. It is hard to get fair appraisals for .ca domains. Once the .ca market is out of the positioning phase, I am sure (almost positive) that the Canadian domain market will be a monster. A proper section would be helpful.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here I am again pushing for a seperate forum for .ca domains. I guess I just can't plead enough for one.

A single thread for .ca domains has 269 posts and 5,898 page views. This thread was opened in Feb 05 and has posts on and off right up until today. I've already given stats for other posts for .ca discussions and those have only increased since then.

Please can we have a .ca forum? I'll send someone cookies if they do it!

Perhaps a forum dedicated to cc's? A general forum for anything, and then specific forums for popularly used/sold/spoken about country codes. Perhaps have one for .us and of course one for .ca and when there is a lot of posts for one type of cc then split them and make a new forum. .eu and .be will be picking up soon. I know it might be a pain, but I also realize that DNForum is trying to expand and this might just help. There's so many posts a lot of them just get lost in the shuffle.

It may also help in SEO (i'm sure you already know this) by search engines picking up the forum name of ".ca sales and discussions". This could help bring in more visitors and more sales of memberships.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to have a forum for ccTLD's and sub forums for the major ccTLDs. .ca included.

.ca has a very popular thread as noted by DNGeeks

Thanks

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I 19th the idea for a .ca forum ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW when posting a name for sale the systems insists on '.com' in the subject.
This should be fixed.

interblaze

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see a .ca forum, get on it boys =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom