Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.ca registrations.. please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who do you recommend for .ca registrations? Which registrars have the best pricing & service? Thankyou.

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yup I got alot of my domains there, even cheaper would be 10dollar.ca havent tried them yet.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wrote this company, and rec'd a speedy reply. I had questions of being able to reg. a .ca, being a usa citizen & no .ca address.. Below is the reply.. Do you think it's safe to register? Apparently, they do not check on addresses & people do reg' using usa addresses??

Dear Wanda,

CIRA, the operator of dot-ca domain, states that only entities that have a relationship with Canada, can register a dot-ca domain name. This is called Canadian Presence requirement. Examples include Canadian citizens, Coporations, Non-profit organizations, etc. It is up to the registrant himself to gaurantee the accuracy of the information he provides. As long as you meet the Canadian Presence requirement, it is certainly fine to use an USA address to register your dot-ca domain name.

Thank you for choosing Namespro.ca. We are committed to providing trustworthy and dependable domain services to you. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Namespro.ca Team
Register with Confidence
http://www.namespro.ca

--------------------------------------------------------------
On Tuesday May 3, 2005 19:54:36 PST, you wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I am interested in registering a .ca domain.
I am a usa citizen, with a usa address. Am
I able to register a .ca domain?

Thankyou
Wanda Cox

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always use 10dollar.ca never had a problem actually they are really friendly.
Two thumbs up for them

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TexasFilly said:
Do you think it's safe to register? Apparently, they do not check on addresses & people do reg' using usa addresses??
I have posted about this before. The Canadian presence requirements do NOT mention anything about addresses. You don't need to have a Canadian address, but you do need to be Canadian (mostly). HOWEVER, using a U.S. address would often alert others of your eligibility (or the lack of it).

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about backordering expired .ca--what is a good place for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom