Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Cabaret.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

whamm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow....kinda harsh...

Offered him $200 for cabaret.ca in a PM and got the following messae as a reply.

**** off and don't ever send me an offer on anything again. Parasite!

Suggest starting your bidding for his domains at $10,000 or more so he doesn't snap, what a dink!

So he leaves me feeback like this;tries to lowball below any conceivable market value. Don't waste your time with this deadbeat.

I doubt he has lunch money!

Gord,

Well.... I do own a variety of domains. One in particular red.ca. I also posted this one for sale and had bids of 200...then 300... then 600... then 1100... then 1200.....PM for 6k....then PM for 12k.
I thanked those that offered, rather than telling them to **** OFF!

Some tools I have used for instance, say estibot...cabaret.ca estimates $900 and red.ca $23,000? As you know a domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Good luck with your domaining.

PS My personal net worth is xx,xxx,xxx.xx. I would be happy to send you money for lunch.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some tools I have used for instance, say estibot...cabaret.ca estimates $900 and red.ca $23,000? As you know a domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

You are right in that a domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay. My suggestion is not to use tools like estibot, etc but to figure out the formula that it is using for it's evaluation of your domain. I put a few domains into estibot and the values were either way too high or way too low. Check out jobs(dot)ca as an example...I think it estimated it as $3400US. It valued one of my domains as twice that. I'd gladly trade any day. I don't even think the tool took into account the length of the domain or why the keywords that the domain include were searched a lot. It also can't take into effect development potential of a domain.

Any good appraisal must be done by a person...probably a third-party that is looking for the buyer's interests. This would include such things as:

-Length of domain
-Traffic
-ccTLD?
-Keyword status
-Development potential
-History of domain
-Backlinks or other existing marketing
-PPC bids for the keywords related to that domain
-Language interpretation of the domain

etc, etc...these are just some ideas off of the top of my head. Anyhow this is really off topic but just thought I'd throw my .02c in when talking about appraisals. :)

madbigt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im a little new to this forum but are you allowed to leave negative feedback if you get an offer you don't like????? You would think the trader rating is for a transaction that is made? Please correct me If I am wrong but I would think the feedback should be taken back.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right, it is meant for transactions that have taken place...and without "getting involved" in this dispute, I believe it either has to be deleted by the person who left it or an administrator.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot is garbage, in my opinion. I can't really be too harsh on it, since its free and it can sometimes give a decent frame of reference.

That being said, if you don't post any price expectations, and you get what you consider is a low-ball offer, responding like this is just inexcusable. If you want to eliminate the possibility of getting low-ball offers (or what the owner would perceive as low-ball) then state a min price then, to avoid this.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must say I am a bit surprised by this... leaving negative itrader in this situation is a bit over the top, imho...

Perhaps there is more to this, but for now this is all we know, I would hope that an admin is look into it...

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well let's straighten out a few facts here eh.

Moron sends $200 lowball offer through for a PRIMARY domain that represents an industry that does hundreds of millions of dollars in business in Canada.

I don't have the time or patience for idiots and respond accordingly. If that bothers you then don't lowball me in the future:rolleyes:

Sleaze bag then used the Itrader system to put a negative rating ON ME. A little fact he glossed over.

whamm 05-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Offered him $200 for cabaret.ca in a PM and got the following messae as a reply.

**** off and don't ever send me an offer on anything again. Parasite!

Suggest starting your bidding for his domains at $10,000 or more so he doesn't snap, what a dink!

As the itrader rating is supposed to be used for actual deals and not arguements I then responded with a negative Itrader report on him

tries to lowball below any conceivable market value. Don't waste your time with this deadbeat.

I doubt he has lunch money!

I then got this email from him.

Well.... I do own a variety of domains. One in particular red.ca. I also posted this one for sale and had bids of 200...then 300... then 600... then 1100... then 1200.....PM for 6k....then PM for 12k.
I thanked those that offered, rather than telling them to **** OFF!

Good luck with your domaining.

PS My personal net worth is xx,xxx,xxx.xx. I would be happy to send you money for lunch.

In this I'm supposed to accept that "Estibot" is a valid measurement and that Cabaret.ca is only $900 but Red.ca is worth 23k. Hardy har har:lol: What a joke!

Frankly if you were really worth $xx,xxx,xxx you'd understand things such as you don't set out to acquire something you want from someone by insulting them. Secondly you wouldn't boast about money. People who have serious $$$$ don't need to boast publicly about their net worth. But then I'm assuming estibot probably estimated your mydoghasapurplebone.ca domain as being worth $9,999,999.99 of that and your lunch money put you over the top.

A little advice don't go spending it :smilewinkgrin:

And if anyone doesn't understand the meaning of a "GOOD OFFER" then you'll understand by now that $200 isn't even in the city never mind in the ballpark of good offers.

Now you've abused the Itrader rating system and I would suggest you remove what you put on mine BEFORE I take it up with the admin. Once you do I'll remove my response to you.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he went and put bad feedback because you were rude about his offer, that is abuse of the system, clearly.

Again, you of all people should know that not everyone in this game has been around for awhile and you are going to get shot in the dark / I don't know much about domaining type offers.

If you respond to all of them like that, whether the offer was a low-ball or not, its not going to give you a good name around here. I've seen you on here since I joined and you have always been professional and helpful, so i'm going to choose to believe you were just having a bad day.

Whamm, remove the feedback my friend, thats not what it's there for. He will do the same i'm sure.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think PM's should stay Private....reading all of this was not why I joined this Forum.
;-(

This was all behind the scenes. He chose to make it public not me. I wouldn't have bothered.

you were just having a bad day.

Nah I'm just getting old and grumpy :lol:

Fact is I get hundreds of idiotic I'll buy your 5 figure domain and give you a whole $50.

I get tired of them and tired of the mentality that figures that lowballing is the way to prosper.

Anybody that knows me at all doesn't do that........

whamm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well,

Thank you to everyone for their comments.

While I agree estibot is not the end all be all, the information it provides CAN be correlated to actual sales data and a reasonal multiple can be used to guide prices and assess value. Again I agree, a personal valuation can be better but they also vary and are somewhat subjective opinions. While the .ca TLd is becoming more popular, and valuable (eg. recent jobs.ca fetching 600k... great stuff!) these discussion forums likely lead to a better "feel" for value and also inspire new ideas.

Mr. Wizard, if low offers continue to set you off to the point of calling people "parasitic, moronic, sleaze bags" then post a minimum price or BIN. That way us "lunch crowd" people can stay away so from you and not waste your time, and more importantly their time, with low offers.

That being said, it was probably not appropriate for me to leave poor feedback for someone who speaks the way you do, but you were certainly quick to return the favor with my feedback. I apologize for using this medium incorrectly, but as you pointed out I am a moron.

On a serious note, I am hoping to get past this misunderstanding and am interested in two or more of your domains, if you still have them.

analforum.com and blow-job.ca are ones I would like to purchase. For price comparables I used your posted data of prices for bjs.ca ($250) and bumboy.com ($300). I realize this post is a little old, but I needed some comparables.

http://dnforum.com/f109/dropwizard-adult-creampiesex-com-thread-112047.html

What sort of BIN would you be looking for these two names?

Let me know,

whamm

PS Let me know if you still want me to change the feedback, I will gladly delete it .

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PS Let me know if you still want me to change the feedback, I will gladly delete it .

Was there something unclear about post #12. Get it off there!!!

Estibot is garbage. The second you drag anything like that into a conversation the professionals here will know you are a neophyte and treat you accordingly.

The posts you call my posted prices were offers received on the domains which I posted. You might have noticed I was selling a long list of them. That was three YEARS ago. Receiving an offer is not the same as selling. In fact I accepted none of those offers then so they are not "comparables" to be used.

Nor do I own analforum.com I think you were looking at something else on the list.

Nevertheless NONE of those domains would sell in what appears to be your price range.

Nor do I get into prices/ranges as I don't have the time or inclination. If your offer is acceptable you'll hear from me. If not (usually) not.

I accept good offers and only good offers.

And BTW if I accept your "estibot" appraisal of red.ca for 23k for a domain that represents nothing except 3 letter that form a word. NO industry no real earnings and requiring branding all the way to make something of it. Vs bjs.ca which is a substantial adult fetish, huge industry, excellent earning prospects etc etc etc the value must be 23k +++++

I mean common sense must tell you estibot would agree with that right?????

Last edited:

whamm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologize. How do I remove my feedback? I don't see an edit button? Or do I just post a new one saying I was wrong?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"parasite" feedback looks so funny :lol:

~ gotto ask admin to remove

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:sorry guys couldn't help myself :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom