Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

calling all Pot Entrepreneurs! Did I hit a Jackpot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am brand new to Domain buying and selling (saw the go daddy commercial during the superbowl and finally checked it out) and recently purchased a handful of premium and extremely catchy weed related domain names. I'm an undergraduate entrepreneurship student at Boston University and I have always been fascinated with entering the emerging legalized marijuana industry. It appears to me as though the pot market is on its way to becoming the biggest grossing market on this planet by a significant margin...sounds like money to my ears. That is what gave me the idea to buy out a bunch of cool pot related domains. I'm also from Massachusetts so alot of my pot related domains have a MASS reference. I'm also a very serious weed aficionado and have had great exposure to weed derived lingo (from across the country). I will post my portfolio to this page and would love for someone to tell me what I have here. Some names are better than others so please bear with me. Thanks.

Oh and also as a unrelated side note, I am actively looking for a summer job opportunity and would love to engage in something worthwhile in my general location! ...even a interesting internship in the boston area would suffice!! My parents wont let me move out until I get a "real job"

Bimmer@bu.edu

1. ActiveClubAttire.com (10yr term)
2. BakedBoston.com
3. BeantownJoint.com
4. BostonHaze.com
5. DabBoston.com
6. Dabs4Days.com (10yr term)
7. HighBoston.com
8. HighRhymes.com
9. JointBoston.com
10. LAHaze.com

Thanks guys,
Benjamin

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some are cute, weedmeter is your most useful name..that and potproductions maybe.. if you are running a non-profit organization then I would say you hit the jackpot for non-profit but I can't fault you for registering domains in a passionate manner as opposed to a more tactical one. Honestly if you would not buy it yourself for at least $xxx then it's generally not a good idea to register it, hopefully you used the Godaddy coupon codes for all of them right? Anyways, welcome to DNF you are amongst a friendly but honest crowd here and any friend of weed is a friend of mine :cool:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and verybaked.com and verybakedgoods.com is brandable..not bad

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea i see the marijuana industry moving strictly into edibles (smoking has a negative and unhealthy connotation) so i thought the most logical domain for food related weed must have to do with baked...turns out verybaked.com and bakedgoods.com was available
....to be honest with all of you I secured all of these domain names in the past 72hours...im like veryyyy new to this. haha

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
verybakedgoods.com* (i do not own bakedgoods.com...that was a typo)

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BowlRush.com is my personal favorite because its just sooooo relevant in the market RIGHT NOW. So is 420GoldRush. the others i predict will fetch in the big bucks once legalized marijuana is widespread. Also LAHaze.com i thought was incredible...think about how many meanings that has. sooooo catchy. And StudyMarijuana.com....i mean that must be worth at least the 13 dollars i paid for all of these. All of my domains are original...i did not pay over 13 dollars for a single domain...so its worth it to me. I WISH i knew about that go daddy coupon because im completly broke right now. haha it actually took me a small loan from my friend to even register for this site!

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All of my domains are original...i did not pay over 13 dollars for a single domain...so its worth it to me. I WISH i knew about that go daddy coupon because im completly broke right now.

Err, you paid $xx, on average, to reg that portfolio?

There are decent names that will undoubtedly generate $x-xx easily on parking, or minisites in year 1, IMHO.... but if you paid more than an average of $3-5 per domain for those registrations, you'll have to put in some serious virtual elbowgrease to get short term ROI while seeking buyers....

IMHO.

Rob

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Err, you paid $xx, on average, to reg that portfolio?

There are decent names that will undoubtedly generate $x-xx easily on parking, or minisites in year 1, IMHO.... but if you paid more than an average of $3-5 per domain for those registrations, you'll have to put in some serious virtual elbowgrease to get short term ROI while seeking buyers....

IMHO.

Rob

do you understand anything about the emerging pot industry... it sounds like you need to do your research buddy. There's a revolution in the works and its taking this country by storm. open your eyes or at least just turn on the news and listen. HAHA

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do you understand anything about the emerging pot industry... it sounds like you need to do your research buddy. There's a revolution in the works and its taking this country by storm. open your eyes or at least just turn on the news and listen. HAHA

Benjamin, take a bong rip and step back.. (then pass it over brotha, after all it is Friday night :smokin:) RTM and Focus are experienced domain name investors. Domain investors look at as many emerging industries as possible, that's how many of us have made $ and are able to continue buying and selling domains. Do you think we've never thought to ourselves.. 'Hey the US is legalizing weed maybe we should get some marijuana/pot/420 domains?'

What I believe RTM is saying and I agree with 100% is that you more than likely, you will be hard pressed to see any kind of quick return on the $900 you spent to acquire those names today. I also agree with you and Focus that there are several decent names in your new portfolio. You did better at hand registering a bunch of names than most newbs who do the same then get butt hurt when they post them here and people tell them they are worthless. Maybe next time you find 80-100 names you want to register, take that list then reduce it down to 8-12 of the ones you think are the best and register those..

Anyway, welcome to the forum and domain biz! Try to keep an open mind when reading forum feedback.

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice man. I want to personally apologize to RTM for getting so defensive....side effects suck ;)

I am Interested in hearing your expert "domainer" opinion but i would also like to understand why you think im looking for quick cash...

I plan on holding onto MOST of these for at least ten years until the pot culture in america really picks up...but realistically "LAHaze.com" should have already matured significantly by now and i think that would be a decent domain to sell for quick cash. I mean the name LAHaze is IMHO ingenious ...the domain is only 6 Letters long and references both the weed culture in LA and the terrible smog/pollution problem they have. its also metaphorical for what bears down on la... maybe i just think to hard when coming up with these names. i like them and im sure others will too very soon.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I think we have to be honest with newbies and not sugar coat stuff.

Look man, this is what you should do.

Grace Delete every last one of those names and re-register them with $1-$5 GoDaddy promos. Because, paying $xx for hand regs put's you in a situation where you have to sell for mid $xx just to break even and I see no name on that list that could sale for mid $xx today.

Last edited:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You want to see what valuable domains in the cannabis industry look like type mmj dot org in your browser :)

Anyways, next time you register any domains use the coupons at Godaddy and you should be able to get them for $1.99/ea with various discount codes but you have to use a different code for each one and it has to be paid for on a credit card. Also just because a market is big does not mean it makes every possible related name valuable, and as always TRAFFIC is king - otherwise most names are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I have owned literally the BEST name in this market with 1000 type-ins a day and even that was not easy to sell, there is a very massive emerging market nationally but most of it is in person and physical goods not all online just something to think about. And to address a comment made about edibles versus smoking and such, well you have to remember not to leave out concentrates and vaporizers which are pretty much all the rage right now and a bit more healthy than combustion. In fact **** Combustion! lol :cool:

Last edited:

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess ill be holding onto these for a while until weed becomes more popular around the country. Its incredible how the industry has made a huge mark across the cali nation and fooled some of us into thinking that the rest of the country has caught on. Looks like this fine wine is going back in the seller (pun intended).

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
studymarijuana.com was just appraised for top dollar fyi

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess ill be holding onto these for a while until weed becomes more popular around the country. Its incredible how the industry has made a huge mark across the cali nation and fooled some of us into thinking that the rest of the country has caught on. Looks like this fine wine is going back in the seller (pun intended).

No need to hold out. Just have to be more price savvy about registering names.

You are not going to go to Walmart and buy 10 toothbrushes are you? Why not? Because you don't need them all now. Plus, who knows your teeth may fall out tomorrow and you would have no need for the toothbrushes anymore, so you would have to give them away.

Think like that when hand registering names.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
studymarijuana.com was just appraised for top dollar fyi

Where did it appraise at? Estibot? If so, LOL :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you that pretty much ALL the good names that are not newly emerging trends and keywords have been gone since around 2008-2009 in this industry (the cannabis market) and most were taken long before that. Truth of the matter is unless you literally win the domain lotto most if anything you are going to register now is going to be worth around what you pay for it without development and some hard work. StudyMarijuana.com could be developed but as it sits it's worth about $10-$20 honestly - because anyone can register 100 related phrases and combinations thereof, this is just friendly advice do not take it personally we have all spent a lot of money registering domains that sat around for years and did nothing. I for one truly want to see all of us get rich and enjoy success but the only way you can learn is by first listening. I raised a lot of hell when I first got on the various forums and have been banned by the best of them for talking more than listening and I personally on multiple occasions pissed a lot of good people off before I got any semblance of sense (I'm still completely out of control online sometimes) so trust me man I feel your pain with the inner struggle over this and what other people say versus what you feel, but the truth is most of the names suck. There is such a thing as black and white in the domain business it's a hard truth to face. We are here to be honest with you though not blow any proverbial smoke up your ass! (I did know a chick who was into that though) :cool:

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haha well i appreciate the friendly advice. In retrospect, money really isnt the biggest issue for me and it wouldnt kill me to just hold onto these for a few years until .com domains become extinct (even the bad ones) and no one has caught onto the new extensions yet (never actually see that happening)....and by that time weed will be flooding the market. im interested to jump into the pot industry later on down the road so i wouldnt mind carrying these as luggage along my journey either :/

...just thought i could unload a few of these right now for $10,000 or more but its not looking like the time is right.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, for .com names being extinct thats not gonna happen and they expire constantly so there is that. Also, if money is no problem then you are better off buying names from people like many of us here on the forum and then holding them or reselling them. I can assure you that your dollar will go 10x farther if you spend your money here instead of at blowdaddy! :cool:

As far as selling that group of names for 10k, not gonna happen. If you can prove me wrong I'll punch myself in the eye and videotape it for you :)

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and to address the previous statement about missing the boat with eddibles, I focoused many of my domains around the very popular phrase Dab which in weed terms means a concentrate. MyFirstDab.com , BHOScience.com (Butane Hash Oil--like the wax everyone in cali smokes made from butane) lets see here um.... JointCollectives.com (when the dispensaries eventually team up into a network of dispenceries)...Marichewjuana.com (for when they make marijuana infused chewing gum)....

so basically these are my predictions where the part market will be in about 10 years. I really do know my pot market shit. i think ill do just fine. sorry to be so quick to defend but i cant believe u guys cant see what im seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom