Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Calling Upon Idn Experts!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found an IDN that has over 80,000,000 results in google, its all one word in russia, but its two words translated.

For example: To fight (oviously not the actual name im concerned about)

is it worth registering?

Im sorry if im not giving enough information, its hard to without giving the name away.

Thanks,
Andrew Shaw

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
I found an IDN that has over 80,000,000 results in google, its all one word in russia, but its two words translated.

is it worth registering?

no.

hugegrowth said:
Also, for the low cost of registering one domain, why not just do it before someone else does?

because pretty soon u will be spinning yourself into the neverending pit of registering garbage.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, great advice. Close your eyes to everything you don't understand and by all means "DON'T LEARN!"

I love it. When will people ever stop trying to get in the way of progress? This is no different to me than the farmers in the 1800's chasing railroad engineers off their land trying to stop the trains coming across the country.

The situation is different but the meaning is the same. I own the "locomotives" The "anti-idn crowd" are the "farmers with guns" Microsoft and Icann are the "railroad engineers" All I'm waiting for is Microsoft to lay the last bit of track so that my passingers may move freely across on my domains and we have a few "farmers" trying to stop it.

You can't stop progress kids. And this is going to revolutionize the way users interact online.

By all means "LEARN AND GET IT!"

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally don't understand IDNs or their value. Is it strictly for those without standard US english keyboards? How much traffic do IDN domains actually get?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I personally don't understand IDNs or their value. Is it strictly for those without standard US english keyboards? How much traffic do IDN domains actually get?
English is actually not the most popular language in the world.... Mandarin chinese is actually the most popular language spoken by over a billion ppl..

So are you telling me you have to learn english in order to register a domain? Citizens should be able to register a URL in their native language... some are already appearing high in google for their keywords.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not judging anyones right to have a domain in their native language. I just don't understand their value. We all know that US traffic is the most valuable. I would think .jp names and maybe some .in names would have enormous value but is an IDN the only way to register a name in a persons native language. Hmm...maybe I been looking at this wrong. Sorry if I seem slow. :) My mind has been on other things. Since I don't speak any other language I would assume I am at a great disadvantage to purchase good IDN names.

I see people selling the IDN equivalant of keyword names like Animal.cn (example) that would be like xn--xxx-xxx.cn Well...my question is that since the Chinese may have their own word for Animal wouldn't the IDN of that name be mostly worthless.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I am not judging anyones right to have a domain in their native language. I just don't understand their value. We all know that US traffic is the most valuable. I would think .jp names and maybe some .in names would have enormous value but is an IDN the only way to register a name in a persons native language. Hmm...maybe I been looking at this wrong. Sorry if I seem slow. :) My mind has been on other things. Since I don't speak any other language I would assume I am at a great disadvantage to purchase good IDN names.

I see people selling the IDN equivalant of keyword names like Animal.cn (example) that would be like xn--xxx-xxx.cn Well...my question is that since the Chinese may have their own word for Animal wouldn't the IDN of that name be mostly worthless.
Sorry buddy..... check the overture bid tool(japanese, korean etc) for some terms.... some words are $3-4 a click.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just have not seen any great examples of HOW an IDN is making serious money. I know some IDN sales have taken place but usually I don't see them being sold with revenue..only for name value. Does anyone have examples of IDN names making revenue via PPC and at which service?

Giantpanda

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:

is it worth registering?

Im sorry if im not giving enough information, its hard to without giving the name away.

Thanks,
Andrew Shaw

1. Consult with a native speaker, make sure it's a popular generic term.

2. Check its OVT score, if it's more than 10k, reg it.

If you need help with Russian IDN, PM me, I will introduce an expert to you.

labrocca said:
Maybe I just have not seen any great examples of HOW an IDN is making serious money. I know some IDN sales have taken place but usually I don't see them being sold with revenue..only for name value. Does anyone have examples of IDN names making revenue via PPC and at which service?

Hi labrocca, I will show you the actual domains with actual revenue next Monday (together with other stuff).

My Chinese IDNs receive more than 100K uv a month, my revenue for February is about $700. You will see the sreenshot of the traffic and revenue.

Many PPC providers in China do not accept foreign customers (publishers), that's why I buy Chinese traffics.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help...mobilphile I will be PMing you in the AM.

Andrew Shaw

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:

I'll try to explain. First IDN Domains are being sold on future potential & value just like normal domains were sold & bought before there was parking services etc.

We are investing heavily because we KNOW that the parking services are gearing up to handle IDN domains. NameDrive which is new is doing really good progress & according to the Japan Rep for Sedo, Sedo Japan should be launched this year.

Major search engines too are already able to handle IDN domains except MSN.

With all this happening we figure they will be mainstream in about a year or two. For Idners we figure why not register the domains we know that are high potential to sell, or to be developed into high revenue sites.

My personal stake on this is I personally know that Japan is number one on spending on luxury items. I own some of the best Japanese IDNs around. Each day that passes that people figure that they are worthless, you'll notice more & more press releases, & sites (just like DNF) realizing the amount to be made on IDN Domains. Sites like DNF spent years exanding the Domaining market. The IDN market will be repeated but in multiple languages.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And to put it in a simple example- if the Chinese had invented and owned the internet...all urls might be in CHINESE! So if you wanted to access the internet, hypothetically you might have needed to translate your "term" to Chinese to input it. The url is CHINESE but the site content is ENGLISH. Now reverse this to English urls, with Chinese content.

Right now, the majority of internet users can only access their foreign language websites by putting in an English url. With IDNs they can put in (native language) urls, which convert to punycode- the "system" developed to convert and assign letters and numbers to various scripts and languages.

Cut and paste this into your (google bar) browser: 金子 (Chinese for gold as translated by Systran online dictionary) and take a look at the "parallel universe of domaining". You will notice that ALL urls are English, but the content is Chinese.

85% of the world doesn't speak English, but has been forced to work with English urls. That has hampered advertisers and branding. With Internet Explorer 7 is coming on line, it will allow the IDN system to be implemented and people to remember website domain names in their own language. Over the last 4 months it has been a virtual gold rush of registrations of the "best" keywords and generics. There are still lots out there, but you have to work harder to get them. Hope this helps.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whatchamacallit said:
no.

because pretty soon u will be spinning yourself into the neverending pit of registering garbage.

Yes, and my never ending pit can already reasonably be valued in the Millions of Dollars, if not Tens of Millions!

Whatever, you do, do not do this! It might make you stinking rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom