Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Camera.net Sold for $26,001

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice buy :yo:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hopefully it wasn't a Polaroid, they stopped making film.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it wasn't a Polaroid, they stopped making film.

Polaroid :pound:

instant photos...so amazing at the time

:yo:

Last edited:

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice sale, did not expect you to flip it from the previous auction

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm reasonably happy with this sale, guys...

It was surplus to my needs, and, there haven't been all that many solid .net sales in recent times....

...And, its given me a 24% ROI in a year....Not every investment has offered that kind of return during this past 12 months....So, I'm happy enough...:)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The market spoke, youre happy.. that's the bottom line.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Congratulations on the flip of Camera.net

:)

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats for the ROI.

The price seems right to me. That's .net

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats :yo: nice ROI

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you have so much confidence in the market when you sent it to auction at less than half the closing price. What if it only went up to $13k and you took a loss?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, low sale price, I got more than double for auto

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats Chris, great return.

I'm reasonably happy with this sale, guys...

It was surplus to my needs, and, there haven't been all that many solid .net sales in recent times....

...And, its given me a 24% ROI in a year....Not every investment has offered that kind of return during this past 12 months....So, I'm happy enough...:)

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you have so much confidence in the market when you sent it to auction at less than half the closing price. What if it only went up to $13k and you took a loss?

Yes, it was a risk....This is a game where you play the percentages....and, you follow your instincts.

You may be interested in my thinking on it...

....On this domain, on the one hand, I'd had an offer/counter-offer negotiation via Sedo earlier in the year, where - when a buyer offered me $9,000 - I'd mentioned that I'd turned down an earlier offer of $14,000, he said: 'You should've taken that $14k offer - its a top offer', and, ended the negotiation.....ie establishing the bottom-fisher value.

...On the other hand, other friends (not making an offer) had advised me not to part with it for less than $40k (Rockefeller, above, indicates a similar thing)...ie the top range for this .net domain.

That said to me - at that time - in the 2009 market - it was probably a $20-$30k domain, if I could get competition going for it (not science - but, market signals).

Then I sensed the market move a touch....and, went to auction when a solid starting point offer came in.

The result? Not a loss....Not a MAX possible profit....But, a good profit - and, probably some upside (over time) left in it for the buyer.

Instincts....and, percentages...:)

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very nice profit "a dollar today is worth more than dollar tomorrow"

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Woh.. nice one :)
Yes, it was a risk....This is a game where you play the percentages....and, you follow your instincts.

You may be interested in my thinking on it...

....On this domain, on the one hand, I'd had an offer/counter-offer negotiation via Sedo earlier in the year, where - when a buyer offered me $9,000 - I'd mentioned that I'd turned down an earlier offer of $14,000, he said: 'You should've taken that $14k offer - its a top offer', and, ended the negotiation.....ie establishing the bottom-fisher value.

...On the other hand, other friends (not making an offer) had advised me not to part with it for less than $40k (Rockefeller, above, indicates a similar thing)...ie the top range for this .net domain.

That said to me - at that time - in the 2009 market - it was probably a $20-$30k domain, if I could get competition going for it (not science - but, market signals).

Then I sensed the market move a touch....and, went to auction when a solid starting point offer came in.

The result? Not a loss....Not a MAX possible profit....But, a good profit - and, probably some upside (over time) left in it for the buyer.

Instincts....and, percentages...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom