Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can Alexa stats be faked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can Alexa stats be faked?

Like PR being faked.

If a site had around 50,000 alexa, what would it be worth?

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa rank is a joke. It can easily be bumped up.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a program released a while back that would boost your alexa score but I forget what it was because I never much paid attention to this other than the top sites.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa rank can easily be faked, tho my adult site is 38k which I haven't faked but Alexa rank isn't really that important, tho nice touch and worth mentioning IMO

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if

Alexa 50,000 range

PR = 0

FAKE?

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well my site with 38k Alexa rank only has PR1 thats because I only started the site briefly before the last PR update and it has grown a lot since then, so to answer your question no that doesn't mean it's fake.

Depends how long the site has been going for.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alexa rank is worked out from people who have the tool bar installed, so if more people have the tool bar installed visit your site the better the rank you will get. if your going to buy a site forget PR and Alexa and check how many uniques and the referers of the traffic

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anything can be Faked!...Alexa is just one tool in helping you to determine a sites value or traffic. You would be foolish to use Alexa alone as your sole devise for measuring a website. Ex. I person claimed is website was receiving 10,000 page views a day...BUT had no alexa ranking...That’s Fake! Alexa is NOT your sole tool for measuring a sites traffic but it is one of many...and you would be foolish to say its USELESS!
NOTE: I have a site thats ranked below 50,000 and has a pr of 1.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa rankings/ratings are fun to research however there are products on the web to boost your numbers!

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good topic because I was wondering that also.......

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
Anything can be Faked!...Alexa is just one tool in helping you to determine a sites value or traffic. You would be foolish to use Alexa alone as your sole devise for measuring a website. Ex. I person claimed is website was receiving 10,000 page views a day...BUT had no alexa ranking...That’s Fake! Alexa is NOT your sole tool for measuring a sites traffic but it is one of many...and you would be foolish to say its USELESS!
NOTE: I have a site thats ranked below 50,000 and has a pr of 1.

kingeric's sig said:
Cheap Domain Names

FREE Alexa Rank Booster

lol you are advertising one such tool...

Also if you forword a domain to yahoo.com for long enough, it will be ranked #1 in alexa! I saw an auction on ebay a while back that had a domain that had 3-400 alexa rank, and I could not even pronounce it. So one person on here said that it was forworded to subdomain.tripod.com, and alexa put the same rank on the forworded domain as Tripod!

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Join a few dozen autohit clubs. Most webmasters have the alexa toolbar and the way Alexa collects it's trends is from those that have the toolbar installed. Please note that autohit traffic is COMPLETELY worthless and only good to impress your freinds with your web logs. You will never make a dime from it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so true... it may be impressive to have a low rank, but I even tested it myself once:

I installed the tool-bar and used it to visit Birdiebiz.com everyday, and by myself moved the number below 100,000.

So if you want to impress someone, use one of those auto hit sites or visit your own site everyday for a few month, and watch the number go down.

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deepstar said:
Please note that autohit traffic is COMPLETELY worthless and only good to impress your freinds with your web logs. You will never make a dime from it.
I would be careful using words like "COMPLETELY worthless" I use alexa rankings as one of many tools in making my online purchases. I would NEVER buy an item from site A if site B was selling the same item and had a better alexa ranking. You are totally wrong is your thinking of alexa.com.

REMEMBER Alexa.com is used is one of MANY tools in making online purchases. It makes sense to boost your alexa rankings it's better than doing NOTHING! Using your logic "COMPLETELY worthless" means you would prefer to have a website that is not ranked.

In fact, Some search engines, such as ExactSeek.com, also determine your search engine ranking based on Alexa.com rankings. By measuring the surfing activity of millions of Alexa users, ExactSeek is able to determine the user popularity and relevancy of websites in its index through the Alexa traffic ranking system.

In Summary, the alexa.com tool ALONE might not make you rich, but it's better to have it than to NOT!
common sense

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
I would be careful using words like "COMPLETELY worthless" I use alexa rankings as one of many tools in making my online purchases. I would NEVER buy an item from site A if site B was selling the same item and had a better alexa ranking. You are totally wrong is your thinking of alexa.com.

REMEMBER Alexa.com is used is one of MANY tools in making online purchases. It makes sense to boost your alexa rankings it's better than doing NOTHING! Using your logic "COMPLETELY worthless" means you would prefer to have a website that is not ranked.

In fact, Some search engines, such as ExactSeek.com, also determine your search engine ranking based on Alexa.com rankings. By measuring the surfing activity of millions of Alexa users, ExactSeek is able to determine the user popularity and relevancy of websites in its index through the Alexa traffic ranking system.

In Summary, the alexa.com tool ALONE might not make you rich, but it's better to have it than to NOT!
common sense

The question of this thread is "what is a site worth given a certain alexa ranking". In my opinion, you should not base the value of a website "only with an alexa ranking". There are dozens of factors that come into play such as unique visitors, return visitors, link pop etc. etc. etc.. Seeing that alexa is easily maniputable one should never negotiate a price solely based on the alexa ranking.

I had mentioned one simple way to increase ones alexa ranking by joining autohit clubs. Traffic from autohit programs is what I called completely worthless as it is a tool that skips through web pages without having a human being actually view the page. It looks like traffic to your weblogs as it is a visitor from a unique IP address as the software that skips through the web pages is on the users machine.

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I installed the tool-bar and used it to visit Birdiebiz.com everyday, and by myself moved the number below 100,000.
IMPOSSIBLE!!...You will NEVER find a site that is ranked below 100,000 with an average user of ONE. In fact, you will NEVER find a site ranked below 100,000 with an average user of 2 or 3 per day. I challenge you to find a site ranked below 100,000 on alexa.com with on average user of 1, 2, or 3.
you might be able to move your site below 100,000 for a day, but not for the three month average. I guarantee nobody on this forum will find a site ranked below 100,000 on alexa.com (3 month average) with a daily user factor of 1.

Facti #1: if your site is ranked high on alexa.com you have traffic...maybe fake such as autohits...but its still traffic.

Fact #2: If your site ain't ranked on alexa.com you AIN'T got no traffic. Now thats a fact!

just the facts ma'am

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
IMPOSSIBLE!!...You will NEVER find a site that is ranked below 100,000 with an average user of ONE. In fact, you will NEVER find a site ranked below 100,000 with an average user of 2 or 3 per day. I challenge you to find a site ranked below 100,000 on alexa.com with on average user of 1, 2, or 3.
you might be able to move your site below 100,000 for a day, but not for the three month average. I guarantee nobody on this forum will find a site ranked below 100,000 on alexa.com (3 month average) with a daily user factor of 1.

Facti #1: if your site is ranked high on alexa.com you have traffic...maybe fake such as autohits...but its still traffic.

Fact #2: If your site ain't ranked on alexa.com you AIN'T got no traffic. Now thats a fact!

just the facts ma'am

>>Fact #2: If your site ain't ranked on alexa.com you AIN'T got no traffic. Now thats a fact!

Not completely true, we have several sites that have horrible alexa rankings that get decent traffic. In fact, we have one that has a 2,705,000 ranking and receives a couple hundred visitors per day.

The reason for this I believe is because the traffic is not from webmasters. The traffic is from everyday people who probably do not know what a toolbar or alexa is.

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deepstar said:
>>Fact #2: If your site ain't ranked on alexa.com you AIN'T got no traffic. Now thats a fact!

Not completely true, we have several sites that have horrible alexa rankings that get decent traffic. In fact, we have one that has a 2,705,000 ranking and receives a couple hundred visitors per day and makes four figures monthly.
Yes your site is ranked on alexa.com. For a site not to be ranked they would have to be greater than 6,000,000. I have a site that does very well and its ranked 2,000,000 Im talking about sites that ain't ranked. Your site is ranked.

Note my site was ranked at 2,000,000 and had great sales. Now its ranked 118,000 due to my alexa.com booster. I had people emailing me about my site rank only 2,000,000 on alexa.com. thats what got me into using the booster. My sales have picked up also.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
Yes your site is ranked on alexa.com. For a site not to be ranked they would have to be greater than 6,000,000. I have a site that does very well and its ranked 2,000,000 Im talking about sites that ain't ranked. Your site is ranked.

Note my site was ranked at 2,000,000 and had great sales. Now its ranked 118,000 due to my alexa.com booster. I had people emailing me about my site rank only 2,000,000 on alexa.com. thats what got me into using the booster. My sales have picked up also.

If your sales have increased because of your alexa ranking then that is great! My point, and I think we are on the same page is that one should not valuate a website solely based on the alexa rankings.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:

just the facts ma'am

I'm not a women, so don't call me ma'am!

Anyway I'm not sure if there were other visitors, but when I quist useing alexa myself, the ranking quickly sliped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom