Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can anyone offer safe selling tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadsMach1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been approached by a individual wanting to buy a few of my domains. This individual has asked me to give him a $$ amount for what I would take for them. My biggest question is, what is the safest way to proceed with a sale? This would be my first domain sale. I have read too much about fake money orders, fake checks, and charge backs etc.

Anyone have any safe selling tips?

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ChadsMach1 said:
I have been approached by a individual wanting to buy a few of my domains. This individual has asked me to give him a $$ amount for what I would take for them. My biggest question is, what is the safest way to proceed with a sale? This would be my first domain sale. I have read too much about fake money orders, fake checks, and charge backs etc.

Anyone have any safe selling tips?
Use a domain escrow service from escrow.com, or Moniker, or SEDO.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Webfreak just summed it up, escrow is the best bet and never use their domain appraisers because it is more or less a scam.

ChadsMach1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
Use a domain escrow service from escrow.com, or Moniker, or SEDO.

Currently the domains are listed at Sedo.com. Since I have never sold a domain there. I read the content and understand the entire concept of the process. Is there any thing I could know when dealing with a buyer and Sedo? I just want to make sure that I do not get caught up in a scam that I do not understand, and once I figure it out its too late.

mezzo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ChadsMach1 said:
Currently the domains are listed at Sedo.com. Since I have never sold a domain there. I read the content and understand the entire concept of the process. Is there any thing I could know when dealing with a buyer and Sedo? I just want to make sure that I do not get caught up in a scam that I do not understand, and once I figure it out its too late.

Well, the easiest thing to do is to go to the escrow page on Sedo's webpage. http://www.sedo.com/services/s_escrow.php (the actual URL depends on your region) There you will find an email adress. Just send them all the necessary infos (your name and username, buyers details and agreed price) and they will take care of all the rest. Worked great for me.

This procedure is often cheaper than going through the regular bidding process on Sedo.

Ask if you need any more info or feel free to PM me for a sedopro invitation in case you have enough domains/traffic.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ChadsMach1 said:
...what is the safest way to proceed with a sale? This would be my first domain sale. I have read too much about fake money orders, fake checks, and charge backs etc. Anyone have any safe selling tips?

A seller can usually tell if the buyer is legit. The problem is why would a buyer trust the seller any more than the seller trusts the buyer? The best and easiest way from the view of the buyer is to always use a credit card (even if using PayPal) which offers strong protection for several mos after the sale if there was misrepresentation or fraud.

Some legit buyers may not agree to escrows or wire transfers as that does not really protect them if there was misrepresentation (i.e. lots of false or paid traffic) or weeks later the name turns out to be stolen or in dispute or a WIPO was filed and not disclosed (that actually happened here recently). As a buyer myself I rarely would say ok to escrows and cash payment such as wires (unless a very well known long time member of the forums, where that would not even be needed anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom