Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can i create a sedo site listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have all my domains for sale at sedo and i was wondering if its possibly to create a simple page with them all listed so i can link it up on these forums since there an approved partner. I cant find any way to do that in the "My Sedo" admin area.

Any pointers really appreciated :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to do that too.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never knew that! Here is my page: http://www.sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?language=us&showuser=deletedcom

Thanks guys! I just thought you had to reley on sedo searches.

BTW I had an offer this morning for www.Goog.org, but here was the bad part:

Option A: Confirm Offer - Sell Domain

Sell Domain at the agreed upon price:
Sales Price:* 60 $US
Less Sedo Fees: -50 $US
Amount to be paid: 10 $US

... I thought they had NO MINIMUM FEE! That takes most of the offer and makes it go to Sedo! I counter offered 500, and with that the fee would STILL be 50.00

Mattius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SLushie said:
Is this what you are looking for? it generates a list of all your domains at Sedo. Change "username" to your Sedo login name.

http://www.sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?language=us&showuser=username

Awesome! thx for that :)

... I thought they had NO MINIMUM FEE! That takes most of the offer and makes it go to Sedo! I counter offered 500, and with that the fee would STILL be 50.00

For U.S/Canadian residents only i think. Is this yet another example of this N.A only discrimination? I dont wanna fly off the handle, not sure if it is or not,but Ive seen it soooooooooooooo many times, and its getting really really old.

The ONLY reason for it is so they can sponge the full $$$ of the U.K and European clients too make up for the competitive N.A market.

What it means in the end is:

a) higher prices
b) less overall turnover on non premium domains

..at least thats my 2c

Actually i wonder if the new Australia/U.S free trade agreement has any bearing lol? It should..its basically an impairement to me accessing a U.S service the same way a U.S citizen does and that should be a no-no now :)

Off course i could be completely wrong here :-#

SLushie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a great link, I found it when I was browsing their site a bit ago.

Sedo may charge a min $50 commission, but afternic charges $60. The commision does seem to prevent lower end sales on the major mktplaces, but guess it keeps the forum sales going.

Mattius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SLushie said:
I thought it was a great link, I found it when I was browsing their site a bit ago.

Sedo may charge a min $50 commission, but afternic charges $60. The commision does seem to prevent lower end sales on the major mktplaces, but guess it keeps the forum sales going.

Is it applicable to U.S/Canadian residents though? I thought they just got charged a flat 10%. Would be good to get some confirmation on that one.

SLushie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mattius said:
Is it applicable to U.S/Canadian residents though? I thought they just got charged a flat 10%. Would be good to get some confirmation on that one.

You're right Mattius, I wasn't clear in my response

From the site:

If your domain is parked with Sedo, you pay only a flat 10% of the sales price-- no more $50 minimum commission!
Please note this offer is only valid for US and Canadian Residents

Mattius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SLushie said:
You're right Mattius, I wasn't clear in my response

From the site:

If your domain is parked with Sedo, you pay only a flat 10% of the sales price-- no more $50 minimum commission!
Please note this offer is only valid for US and Canadian Residents

hehe yup and it stinks...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would not put up a username-based query and give it around like this. If you need to know why, send me a PM.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I am a US resident. So why were they wanting to charge me 50 bucks right off when they say they won't... I sold a name that someone bid on a while back and I had to pay 7 EU in that sale, not 50 bucks. And that domain was sold for 80 EU. But I see your point also, why not give everyone a no mimimum fee, not just us US and CA residents. If you do it for 2 countries, then do it for all. It will not confuse everyone like it current system does.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everybody,

Just to clear up a few of the queries and to give you some good news.

We charge a flat 10% with no minimum commission for the following TLDs which are parked with us:

.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.us/.name/.li/
.be/.dk/.de/.at/.ch

Mall 3k.com, I believe your domain is not parked with us which is why we charge the minimum $50 charge. There is of course a simple solution to this :)

And now the good news: We are planning to extend this offer to all our international customers! No more 'favoritism' for the US - they have all the fun anyway. From March, we are hoping to offer this to our you in the UK and Australia too!

So, get those domains parked and sell with no minimum commission! After all, our statistics do show that parked pages are FIVE times more likely to sell!

Let me know if you have any comments at [email protected]

Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.26 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

Mattius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hello everybody,

Just to clear up a few of the queries and to give you some good news.

We charge a flat 10% with no minimum commission for the following TLDs which are parked with us:

.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.us/.name/.li/
.be/.dk/.de/.at/.ch

Mall 3k.com, I believe your domain is not parked with us which is why we charge the minimum $50 charge. There is of course a simple solution to this :)

And now the good news: We are planning to extend this offer to all our international customers! No more 'favoritism' for the US - they have all the fun anyway. From March, we are hoping to offer this to our you in the UK and Australia too!

So, get those domains parked and sell with no minimum commission! After all, our statistics do show that parked pages are FIVE times more likely to sell!

Let me know if you have any comments at [email protected]

Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.26 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

Hi Ed,

That is outstanding news :) and its a terrific idea. Im certain its going to result in more sales at the low to medium end, which lets face it probably makes up the bulk of sales. Not many commerce.coms out there :wink:

I was thinking of hunting down alternatives to sedo before, mainly cause im just starting out and ill be selling the small fry for a while yet lol. This news guarantee's ill stick with sedo.co.uk and im sure this news will go down a treat with your international customers.

Cheers,
Matt :eek:k:

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a great tips regarding displaying all the domain publicly of a username.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
excellent news on the no more minimum commission!

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:

Sounds great as other news about Sedo improvements starting from March. Unfortunately, still some extensions will be left in the dark zone :) Now good for people from UK and AU. Still waiting for more "democracy" :blush:
Cheers, hookah

jasper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
Sounds great as other news about Sedo improvements starting from March. Unfortunately, still some extensions will be left in the dark zone :) Now good for people from UK and AU. Still waiting for more "democracy" :blush:
Cheers, hookah

Yes the minimum commission for .co.uk domain sales on Sedo is still £100 :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom