Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can I offer the domain to the second highest bidder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I submitted a domain to auction in Sedo.
A nice geo spanish domain.

The price of the domain doubled the starting price, and the guy who won the domain was not the original buyer.

After more near 20 days the highest bidder has not paid and I think he's not gonna pay.
I realized the winner is from a neighbor country of that from which country name the domain contains.
Now I think this bidder did this only to piss-off the original buyer who did was from the same country as the domain, a genuine interest.

The thing is I'd like to offer this domain back to the original bidder.
Is this possible?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you know who they are, contact them directly and explain what might have happened. He might not be interested at that price or even at his initial bid. If you receive "resistance" drop the price by 10% or offer some other type of incentive.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can ask Sedo to get in touch with the bidder on your behalf.
Actually I have been contacted by Sedo brokers for domain names that I bid on in the past. Seller lowered his expectations and was willing to accept my previous offer.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can ask Sedo to get in touch with the bidder on your behalf.
Actually I have been contacted by Sedo brokers for domain names that I bid on in the past. Seller lowered his expectations and was willing to accept my previous offer.
Good to know. Thanks sdsinc!

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I did so, I'm waiting their response.

This is becoming so common to happen in the Latinamerican domain market.
People approach you with more enthusiast than money :(
When the deal is accepted, then they say the will start to ask parents, uncles, granpa's and friends to gather the money :(

It happened to me once outside Sedo, and I patiently waited for near two months and they finally paid. I didn't was in a rush of course.

But this time, heck, it was an auction. I didn't expect a delay just for the seller to send the payment!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I did so, I'm waiting their response.

This is becoming so common to happen in the Latinamerican domain market.
People approach you with more enthusiast than money :(
When the deal is accepted, then they say the will start to ask parents, uncles, granpa's and friends to gather the money :(

It happened to me once outside Sedo, and I patiently waited for near two months and they finally paid. I didn't was in a rush of course.

But this time, heck, it was an auction. I didn't expect a delay just for the seller to send the payment!
If the person does not complete the payment within 10 days, you are no longer obligated to sell the domain (Per Sedo's TOS).

This is still a problem if Sedo does nothing to control this. I had two sales back-to-back that went unpaid, one of the auctions with 4 bidders. That is three bidders that the bogus bidder beat but the other three were never contacted by Sedo.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Sedo Agent for this transaction just told me that he will contact the second highest bidder if the winner doesn't pay in the next two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom