Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can I register .de names??

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a US citizen/living in the US... am I able to register Germany's .de extension (is it legal) ?? It looks like through Godaddy.com its possible?? Thanks

ponce007

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am in US and I bought a couple of .de domains at Godaddy. Now they told me that I cannot change the owner info on .de names registered at Godaddy.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ponce007 said:
I am in US and I bought a couple of .de domains at Godaddy. Now they told me that I cannot change the owner info on .de names registered at Godaddy.

are you in the 60 day hold period?

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone can register them. Network Solutions and GoDaddy both use the same proxy person in Germany. I haven't heard a definitive answer on how to transfer the domains though (in case of resale). I have a few and will try to develop them into income sites as they don't generate anything in parking. If you look at the sedo.de website you will see that many English words get a lot of offers and sell for big dollars but they are German to German sales.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sold and PUSH'd several .de's to other accounts. With Godaddy you can not change the Admin First or Last name with an account change.

kunjah2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks every body, but still no body talk abour legl issue. Is it still legal to get .de domain while not living in the Germany?

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
KwelX said:
I have sold and PUSH'd several .de's to other accounts. With Godaddy you can not change the Admin First or Last name with an account change.

Are you basically "pushing" the domain into another person's account without changing the "domain holder" at Denic? Is that similar to leasing a domain? I am interested to know how to actually transfer .de domains IF you are NOT living in Germany (ie through a proxy administrative contact).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom