Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can I sell domain that I have buyed yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catsse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I sell domain that I have buyed yesterday?

Regards,
Catsse

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can sell it but my registrar doesnt allow a transfer for 60 days, i beleive others have restrictions also

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will definitely need to check up whether you can fully transfer the domain to the purchaser at the current registrar.

If you find you can't, then you can always suggest the purchaser buys the domain now, but with transfer to them being as soon as it is possible, ie when the 60 day period expires.

I am just about to transfer a domain to a purchaser that paid for it 45 days and who was quite happy to wait the 45 days to carry out the transfer. I of course redirected/changed DNS to his web site in the meantime.

It would be tricky to use escrow in such a case though.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GoDaddy.com requires you to wait 60 days. It really depends on the registrar.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Godaddy is one of those registrars who *do* allow you to transfer the domain to a new owner during the first 60 days.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the confusion is the term "transfer." Generally a transfer would require moving it to another registrar in this case you or the buyer would have to wait 60 days. At most registrars or registries you can change ownership or "push" the domain to the buyer.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ofcourse you can. If thats the only domain in your account, give him the login details after changing your info in it, if not depending on your registrar, wait the transfer period.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree you can sell any domain you bought an hour ago.

However, if you are unable to transfer the domain to the new owner during a "reasonable" time, there could be problems.

i.e. it will be necessary to ensure you can transfer to the purchaser at the existing registrar, or the purchaser will have to be agreeable to waiting until the 60 days are up before they get possession of the domain. DNS can of course be changed as an interim measure to give the new owner effective use of the domain while they wait.

I don't think it is all that fair to spring the fact upon the purchaser, once they have already paid, that they can't actually have the domain for another 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom