Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can I upgrade mysql from cpanel ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.....

I have 4.0xx mysql in cpanel, but the script I installed is giving me a error.

(1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT SUM(transaction_mc_gross) FROM ezy_transactions) AS tota

I'm not sure what that means, but I think it's the script uses a newer table changer from mysql 5.xx. So it's give me a erorr it can't find it, so uprgading mysql should fix the problem.

The script does still work good as far as I can tell, but before I start putting hours of working into it. I would like to upgrade the mysql, to see if it's fixs the error for it.

The script say it needs mysql 4.1 or newer, so can some one tell me if I can upgrade mysql in cpanel and WHM. But the WHM, does not give me server configuration rights at all.

Thanks! Tim

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do not have root login to WHM you can not update the software. Ask the server admin to update the software for you.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll get my host to upgrade it for me.

How much risk does that have for other domains, on the WHM account for me.

I'll back up my arcade for sure, or can they do it with out much risk ?

catchmeifyoucan

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi tas,
It is not risky, but after upgrading , you can not revert back to mysql 4.0. So, better to take a backup before the upgradation

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have 4.0xx and it needs 4.1 or higher just have them update to the latest stable release of version 4

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess that would be better, I got a WHM account with my arcade running on that account. The less risk the better, if that gets messed up I would have alot of work to do.

You never know who will be doing the upgrade, so that part will be out of my hands. All I can do is ask them to uprgrade it, and cross my fingers and have a back up ready just incase.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
catchmeifyoucan said:
Hi tas,
It is not risky, but after upgrading , you can not revert back to mysql 4.0. So, better to take a backup before the upgradation

I disagree, you can revert to mysql 4.0, at least in DreamHost.com. The default in at DreamHost is mysql and PHP 5x. When I moved my sites over, some acted buggy with 5x so I deleted them, found how you can revert the PHP and mysql in the Domain Management, and now they work great with PHP 4.x and mySQL 4.1.18. The rest of my sites on the same account are still running great in 5x. Not all hosts can do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom