Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can I use a product name in my domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummayumma

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought this a while ago. I planed to make the site about the various versions of the product and become an ebay affiliate. The domain name doesn't have the companies name in it, but the product's name is well known.

For example ipodhq.com (not mine) hq for head quarters

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought this a while ago. I planed to make the site about the various versions of the product and become an ebay affiliate. The domain name doesn't have the companies name in it, but the product's name is well known.

For example ipodhq.com (not mine) hq for head quarters

if the product is a trademark you are in violation. Your idea is what the US Government is fighting! Your already on the wrong side of the market, focus your energy in flipping domains or developing domains that are trademark free!

D

Deleted member 5660

It is a complicated legal issue that really has not been resolved. If you have a store and put out a sign saying you sell coca cola then it is usually not problem. If a customer went in and asked for a coca cola and was directed to an isle that has coke, pepsi, and a generic brand then there is usually no problem. If you do exactly the same thing on the internet some trademark lawyers are going to say it is somehow suddenly a problem. It may or may not be illegal but you may need to spend legal fees to defend the practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom