Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can Moniker Expired Go Direct to another acct without them dropping or redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just noticed today when checking names I decided to not renew something which I was not aware was possible. After letting 100s of marginal performers expire, the ownership changed 37-days after exp date but oddly they never went into Redeemable Period Status at all but were somehow transferred direct by Moniker to other customers with accounts at Moniker, including places like Buy Domains, Name Admin and others :?:

How do know they went directly to the other accounts and never dropped? Since the old date of first registration (circa 2001 2003 2004 etc) never changed I assume that means they were direct transfers since I believe a drop would result in a new date of registration, right? Doing this makes the name perceived as being more valuable what with the old registration dates. Any thoughts on this?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expiring domains from Moniker are available at Snapnames as prereleases. You didn't know that ?
Your assumption is correct, a direct transfer took place.

Always fun to see the battles at Snapnames over your expiring names, isn't it ? ;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expiring domains from Moniker are available at Snapnames as prereleases. You didn't know that ?
Your assumption is correct, a direct transfer took place.

Always fun to see the battles at Snapnames over your expiring names, isn't it ? ;)

No Katherine, did not know that! Reason is I don't often sell names and certainly even rarer on the forum. I would rather let a name from 2001 or even 1999 drop than list it here with no offers or sell it here for peanuts.

Why no battles here? The ironic thing is it appears most names I drop get grabbed in the aftermarket or as pre-releases but are almost impossible to get offers for on the forums, via my own marketing or other channels. Any idea why? Or is that just me?

P.S. Did they do away with Redemption Period requirements?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen some names that were supposed to drop, quietly transfer to certain individuals/companies before being publicly auctioned.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen some names that were supposed to drop, quietly transfer to certain individuals/companies before being publicly auctioned.

I am almost certain that's what happened with many of my names. Most of them were reg'd circa 1999 thru 2005 or so and had at least a little traffic and revenue too. Did not see any go into an auction. These direct transfers happened exactly 37 days after expiration.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The ironic thing is it appears most names I drop get grabbed in the aftermarket or as pre-releases but are almost impossible to get offers for on the forums, via my own marketing or other channels. Any idea why? Or is that just me?

P.S. Did they do away with Redemption Period requirements?

join the club David :)

seems like sometimes, names have more appeal when they are seen in a "pre-release or pending delete" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom