Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can Sedo handle IDN's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about DS? I know Fabulous doesn't.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello,

We accept most IDN domains.
You can email us at [email protected] for a more comprehensive answer - our customer service team would be happy to help you.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Domain Broker

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We accept most IDN domains.

I do not think so!
You can handle only Western European IDNs but not Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Cyrillic IDNs! Correct me if I'm wrong?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IDNs should be clearly marked as IDNs in the for sale listings - or are they now?

Ron

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains said:
I do not think so!
You can handle only Western European IDNs but not Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Cyrillic IDNs! Correct me if I'm wrong?

Don't forget IDN's are still fairly new. Patience!

valuenames said:
IDNs should be clearly marked as IDNs in the for sale listings - or are they now?

Ron

Yes they are, Sedo were very quick to establish this.

Rich

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info - glad to see Sedo is ahead of the curve on that issue.

Ron

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've checked and Domain Sponsor and Fabulous do not support IDN's in their PPC program. Sedo allegedly does and I am in the process of parking an IDN there. We'll see how it goes.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be great if Sedo extend this feature and accept other unicode characters then german, spanish, etc. For example, still can't park names with polish characters: ą, ę, ó, ł, ć, ź, ż, ś, ń. Would be nice if I could :)
Greetings, hookah

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there,
To expand on Nora's answer:
We currently offer Western European IDNs (French, Spanish, German - many Portuguese words contain similar characters to Spanish and, with the rapidly-growing Brazilian market, we are looking to add Portuguese characters to our list in the near future).
As we are providing a service for a truly global market, we are naturally looking to provide for ALL IDNs in future, but it will take time. The IDNs which we currently have our sights on are Asian IDNs as the market is exploding in the East.
I'm sure you will understand that we are concentrating primarily on the fastest-expanding markets at the moment - namely Asia and Brazil - and will add characters for the smaller markets in due course. (I hope this won't start a huge argument about whose country's market is expanding fastest...!)

Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.26 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Please make sure IDN domains are identified clearly as such. IMO they are at the bottom of the food pyramid.

M

mole

SedoCoUk said:
I'm sure you will understand that we are concentrating primarily on the fastest-expanding markets at the moment - namely Asia and Brazil

Hello Ed,

I'm curious as why you say that? Isn't the US market expanding equally fast :huh:

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Hello Ed,

I'm curious as why you say that? Isn't the US market expanding equally fast :huh:

Market for IDNs? i dont think so.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Hello Ed,

Basically, No! The markets of the far east are still comparatively small , but their rate of growth is exponential compared with the maturing market in the US.

It is not clear how much of the recent dot com growth is IDN related, but it clear that the ultimate value of such investment will eventually dwarf that of the proliferation of junk registrations that are now occurring in English dot coms.

My guess is that China, which is still largely operating on IP addresses will need between 50 and 100 Million domain registrations over the next 5 years. By comparison US is a euphamism for Useless in much of the English speaking world.

Regards
Dave Wrixon

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hello there,
To expand on Nora's answer:
We currently offer Western European IDNs (French, Spanish, German - many Portuguese words contain similar characters to Spanish and, with the rapidly-growing Brazilian market, we are looking to add Portuguese characters to our list in the near future).
Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate
QUOTE]

Wonder why Sedo still doesnt support the Euro symbol ( € ) even if its a lot more important than single european countries characters......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom