Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can some explain this please, is this a good thing or a bad thing for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a domain name im after has been expired over a month. I have been checking its status more or less every day and over the last few days the message: Registration status: Renewal required.

has changed to:

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

What is the deal with this and is this a good thing for me as a person seeking the domain or a bad thing. i.e. does this make things easier for me to register the domain?

Thanks

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounds like that is what is displayed if you visit the site in your browser.

To get a more accurate understanding about what state the domain is in perform a whois lookup.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi JDK, thanks for the reply

That information was from the whois lookup

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a .co.uk domain ?
I think there are still 60 days until it drops.

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly it is a good thing if you are currently not the owner but are hoping the current owner won't renew.

What you are looking at is probably the thick whois, i.e. the whois provided by the registrar. Each has their own way of notifying the registrant through the whois of a pending deletion. If the name is going through the standard deletion process it will still need to enter the redemption and pending delete period before it is dropped. If you want to PM the name or the registrar I can give you more specifics, if the name is of any quality you'll need to backorder the name and the registrar will dictate where best to do so.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if the name is of any quality you'll need to backorder the name and the registrar will dictate where best to do so.

If the name should actually enter the 'Redemption Period' (ie - a generic, true drop), you'll want to order it at all of the drop catchers if its an even vaguely decent name and you really want to have it!

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for the replies, ive not had chance to come online since my last post.

Yes it is a .co.uk domain

The domain is a single name which is important to me personally hence the reason I am trying to get hold of it. So what would you guys recommend, do what some of you have alkready said i.e. use some form of dropcatcher or shall i contact the registrar?

thanks

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Btw guys how much do these dropcatchers charge on average to catch the domain for you. is it a service where you pay only if they get the domain for you?

Furthermore what would they charge anyway?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom