Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can someone help me with enom hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPinelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My boss setup a hosting account with enom, and he has a domain he bought.

Im used to having the ftp be ftp.xxxxx.com or whatever, and im used to uploading right to the www folder.

im also used to having dns info. they dont seem to have any of that.

i cant seem to figure out what the hell they want me to do. they have this link of where my hosting is, and im supposed to point my domain to it, which i really dont understand.

help me out b/c im super confused.

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never used their hosting but all you should have to do is use the name servers given. Once domain is resolved use a ftp program such as smartftp to transfer files. They should have given you some sort of login info. So with smartftp all you need is the domain/username/pass and once logeed in you will be shown a directory tree of the account.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

MPinelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Read
http://www.enom.com/wsg/hostinghelp.asp?hosthelp=1
and
http://www.enom.com/wsg/hostinghelp.asp?hosthelp=2

Enom seems to be saying that you need to go to the info section of the hosting control panel to get the path for the ftp
Then enom wants you to do a domain association in their hosting control panel
It appears they use this method so that you can host up to 50 domains on the one account

yea i saw those pages. what weird is i changed the dns back to theirs.....my boss bought the domain from a private owner. but the domain still resolves to the old page........

im ready to have him scrap enom and have him host it on my account and charge him half what enom is charging him

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom