Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can TLD's be bought and sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday Adam posted a thread regarding this issue but the library is always so quiet :) . See link below.

1. If Google has no plans with most of these TLD's as they say, ICANN will approve that?

2. Should google or any company be allowed to monopolize all the good TLD's outside their trademark businesses?

3. If companies can monopolize all the good TLD's is that opening up a market to buy and sell TLD's?

www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-google-lol-tld-20120531,0,6759478.story?track=rss

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain names are digital assets that can be sold, like TMs. With a TLD it's slightly more complicated because you need infrastructure but I guess they could be sold too. But Icann may have to approve the deal. So I don't think TLDs will be set up with the sole purpose of resale... too much of a hassle and you need to find another sucker - that's the hard part :eek:k:

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, at least it is good to see that Google still believes in domain names. It would have worried me if they stayed out of the game.
Registry Operations changed hands already in the past, .coop, .travel, .cc, ... So why not selling a Registry Operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom