Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

can wwd resellers buy at their wholesale prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for clarification from any WWD account owners, can you actually buy new/transfer domains at their published wholesale price?
ie: the left hand column on their page:
http://www.wildwestdomains.com/pricelist.aspx

I know there is the 25 cent icann fee added, but how about credit card charges, etc. What is the final price of a .com/net/org after all is done in your cart as a reseller?

(also is the $500 deposit issue gone now or still around?)

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thre is a .25 tranaction fee and a .25 icann fee

no deposit needed unless you are api reseller..

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"api reseller" means the $250 level where you can use your own pages?
The $99 level lets you use their standard templates for free, correct?

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
api reseller means $250 annual fee + $2000 deposit + you have your own web templates and your own payment processing.

I am not sure any such resellers exist to be honest. We got a test account and were excited about it until seeing the calculation doesn't add up. No other registrar take fees for an api program.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the chargeback warning - just read up on that.
That's the deal breaker, I just totally changed my mind about an account.
Someone could do a few hundred in charges and they will take it out of your pocket if there is a chargeback, instead of pursuing the person? I notice how they skip right over that in their FAQ. You have to look directly at the fine print:
In the event of a credit card charge back, Wild West will deduct the amount of the credit card charge from Reseller’s commission. In the event that chargeback experience is high, as determined by Wild West, Wild West reserves the right to hold back 20% of monthly commissions for 90 days from the date the commission was to be paid.

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
charge back has worked fine for us.. as long as wwd is the ones taking payment. what is your bad experience forumdomains?

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
only when we have taken payment ourselves we've got in this situation, where we lost money and could not get a refund for the domains.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check this out, more fine print, they can and will reverse charges out of your direct deposit if "deemed necessary"
Domestic Resellers hereby authorize Wild West to initiate and post debit (negative) entries to the Direct Deposit Account

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finexe said:
charge back has worked fine for us.. as long as wwd is the ones taking payment. what is your bad experience forumdomains?

I am afraid can not quite understand you?
WWD is taking the payment in case of a Instant Reseller store. If you're using API is up to you which credit card processor you're using, correct? Now imagine you have the IR and there are just 2 chargebacks for domains registered for 10 years. That makes 78.50+78.50=$157.00 out of your commission! You make the calculations how many domains you have to sell to earn that money! The point here is that WWD is paying to their credit card processor a maximum $30 fee for chargeback - and this is the absolute maximum!

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aww said:
Check this out, more fine print, they can and will reverse charges out of your direct deposit if "deemed necessary"

aww, you may still want to buy WWD reseller account. Definitely, there is still a value there. If you have large domain portfolio and intend to use it yourself primarily then risk is very reasonable I should say. But if you intend to sell to many people and/or to invest a lot of money and resources in marketing efforts and PPC campaigns to advertise your store then you have to weigh everything very carefully.

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finexe said:
only when we have taken payment ourselves we've got in this situation, where we lost money and could not get a refund for the domains.
It does not matter who takes the payment. WWD will deduct the full amount of the domain name from your commission. I had a person do a chargeback on a domain name that they had registered for 14 months and WWD deducted the full amount of the domain from my commission. I basically paid for this persons domain name and have nothing to show for it. This should be against the law. I should at-least be entitled to the domain name.

yl888

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so, the total amount is $6.75 + $0.25(CC transaction) + $0.25 ? Am I right?

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yl888 said:
so, the total amount is $6.75 + $0.25(CC transaction) + $0.25 ? Am I right?

6.75 ? for what tld? no.. you need to calculate their share after the wholesale price as wel. for .com your total is 7.70

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
It does not matter who takes the payment. WWD will deduct the full amount of the domain name from your commission. I had a person do a chargeback on a domain name that they had registered for 14 months and WWD deducted the full amount of the domain from my commission. I basically paid for this persons domain name and have nothing to show for it. This should be against the law. I should at-least be entitled to the domain name.

This is odd as it seems like they would automatically cancel the order if there is a chargeback. Did you ask WW to cancel the registration? Assuming you did, what did they say or do?

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
This is odd as it seems like they would automatically cancel the order if there is a chargeback. Did you ask WW to cancel the registration? Assuming you did, what did they say or do?
Yes I contacted Robert at WWD support several days ago. He basically said he would see what he can do to help me but I should not hold my breath because it is written in the terms and agreements. I have had 1 or 2 Chargebacks before and they would just cancel the registration without any cost to me. WWD support could not explain how a domain name registered for over 14 months could suddenly show up as a chargeback on my account.

rinky

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:
Yes I contacted Robert at WWD support several days ago. He basically said he would see what he can do to help me but I should not hold my breath because it is written in the terms and agreements. I have had 1 or 2 Chargebacks before and they would just cancel the registration without any cost to me. WWD support could not explain how a domain name registered for over 14 months could suddenly show up as a chargeback on my account.

Seems to me that it's alot better for WWD to swallow the Chargeback fees and only charge you for what the domain cost, rather than tacking on the actual cost of the Charge Back. I guess you don't have a merchant store of any kind and experienced charge backs first hand tho if you are complaining about WWD taking $8 out of your commission. A Merchant Provider will charge you upwards of $35 for the charge back, plus they will also take the amount of the order back. Plus I believe WWD only do this for Domain Registrations and not for any other products like Hosting that are charged back. Damn good deal if you ask me, I've been a reseller for 2 years with WWD and had a few charge backs, it's just par for the course unfortunately.

What should really happen is Credit Card companies should make it more difficult for people to charge back stuff that they legitimaly purchased online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom