Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can you delete domains in bulk from Sedo listings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to delist some names from Sedo so I can list them with Go Daddy and then I plan to add them on Sedo again. GD won't accept any new names for their auctions if they're already listed on Sedo's MLS, even if they're regged with GD and in your own GD account. It's strange I listed these w/Sedo first and not with GD since I always do it the other way around but apparently I did. With Sedo when you add a name to their systems it's treated the same whether you want to park it, sell it, or both. If you say it's not for sale when you add it, it doesn't matter and the name is "listed" there, not just parked. I wish they had a choice where you can select what you're bringing them your names for exactly

I do know how to delete a domain in their My Domains section but there's no bulk option, you need to do them one by one which really ticks me off. Anyone here knows a way to do it in bulk ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
from my domains > dn management @ sedo, you can bulk delete a selection of names.

click the boxes on the left of each name, scroll to bottom and click "delete"

but here's an FYI for ya

since gd joined the mls with sedo, offers are up substantially.

currently i have about six negotiations open, that came from gd.

so what's i'm trying to say is, your efforts could be "counter productive".

imo...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Biggedon ! I'll try that, funny... I don't recall ever seeing that option and trust me, I've looked. As to people getting more offers if the names are listed w/Sedo MLS (and not with GD directly), that's true, I did get a few more offers after Sedo started bringing me MLS offers made on Go Daddy but delivered to your Sedo account, courtesy of.... well, Sedo LMFAO.... (this is sooo convoluted, I mean, try to picture deleting names from Sedo.... just so that GD can list them --and they're all in MY own GD acct-- only to give them to Sedo again in just days...) .....but I guess my names aren't of high quality so those are all lowballers, $60 typically, which nullifies any trans unless I want Sedo to be left with $50 and I just get 10 bucks. I did it once for a name I was about to drop and even then I resented it ! Some are $70-80 sometimes but it's that preposterous minimum commission of $50 that kills most deals, it takes a name sold for $250 or over for me to look at the commission not as $50 but as 20% (MLS) which is TOO HIGH in any case....

And just how big a benefit does having a live transfer agent bring ? GD is all automated unless there's a dispute, I get that, but Sedo used to have a 10% fee not long ago, which then went to 15% and they used the transfer agent thing as one of the reasons. But with GD you can still stop a shady deal or dispute it, so other than research if a name is stolen I don't think Sedo does much more, they may triple-ck the funds before sellers are paid, but others like GD will eat the loss if the seller gets paid and then the money is found to be dirty, so....? (if you're a buyer then I give Sedo credit for searching the domain history thoroughly, whereas GD and others will just take the domain away from the buyer and give back the money after if a deal is found to be fraudulent) Biggedon, most of your names must be valuable since that 20% or $50 doesn't seem to bother you that much, but since you park there and you're SedoPro, and one of the top three mods on DNF, you clearly have their ear, so you may wanna tell them closing a bunch of deals for $60 with a $25 fee (all they need to do it cut the $50 fee in half) is MUCH better than closing one or two deals where the seller is left with just $10. And they're losing so much biz to the Escrow.com folks who have exactly that, a $25 min trans fee. When I first went to Sedo I got used to the $60 minimum trans amt, I never liked it but they'll never change it. And going from 10% to 15% fees (for str8 Sedo offers) I had to swallow too. But their terms for MLS are simply nuts, that 20%/$50, whoever came up w/those requirements needs a course in Business 101

The offers from the real GD Auctions may not be high but I find rotating where names are listed (and we shouldn't have to....) gives them more or alternative exposure, you don't use GD as your main registrar obviously but it won't hurt to list your names on GD at least temporarily and see what happens, you might be surprised, GD also has the option of sending the domain to auction WITH ANY OFFER, even $10, Sedo could learn from that. All here need Sedo to bring them offers, I just need to find out for myself that allowing Sedo's MLS to be the chosen vehicle is right for me. Many people don't even know that when someone lists domains on Sedo first GD will NOT take them later for their own auctions, that sucks, GD should think of some other way around this. I've had a couple of run-ins with Sedo people but since they're not a registrar those haven't affected or angered me as much as those when YoDaddy has screwed me real bad. And I'm told by pros Afternic and SnapNames deliver equally good or higher offers than Sedo, so it appears GD targets a lower end of the market....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
angel, i have no influence with sedo, other than when it affects my names

as for the $60 offers, the 20% commission, etc.

you don't have to sell for $60, and you can adjust your price to absorb commission fee's, to still get your net out the deal.

as for sending names to auction with a $10 bid, really.....

that bid of $10 next to your name on an auction list, tells more than you know

your question: what's the benefit of having a "live mo-fo" for a transfer agent vs a "bot", does that really need an answer?

think about it.

as for listing on gd, not gonna happen for me.

cuz i wouldn't send a name to auction with a $10 bid... they would receive a counter offer and i'd be content if they walked.

listening to the pro's again, huh?

well, go read sedo, afternic and snap's sales reports over the years, then read dnjournal reports over the years, then you'll know for sure who has most volume and highest closing sales.

as for best exposure >>> have your names walk the streets butt naked and make sure no privacy is enabled

:)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is no need to add them back on Sedo, move to Internet Traffic and watch your PPC skyrocket and you get to keep 100% of the sales revenue.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no need to add them back on Sedo, move to Internet Traffic and watch your PPC skyrocket and you get to keep 100% of the sales revenue.

Good Advice, offers were up with sedo, because those direct inquiries were being bypassed into $60 offers, with $50 commission attached to them. Using the godaddy interface, to check up on an offer at sedo, was very hard to navigate to, or respond. You have really nothing to gain, if someone is serious about purchasing your domain, they will click the link, and make an inquiry...

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would stay with Sedo after they pass all their domain names to GoDaddy anyway - even if you DONT sign up for MLS, which I never did. I had one come in from GoDaddy to one of my sedo listings and saw 21 percent (after EXTRA sedo charges to send the dosh) commission taken! They got thousands of dollars for doing nothing really. I am moving all my domain auctions to GoDaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom