Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can you find out bids are being placed by same person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of NNN names for sale at sedo. On one of them I accepted a bid and am waiting for them to pay (I guess, as Sedo doesn't say anything more than "we willl email you about the next steps"). Meanwhile, there were a bunch of bids placed at about the same time for similar names, and there have been some clumps of offers placed later. So I don't know if this buyer has open bids on other names, who knows, they may even be waiting to see what happens with those others before they pay for this one. Basically, what's missing here is info from Sedo about the users: not their email, obviously, but some way to indentify them (username, id, whatever) and even better some behavioral info: do they have 200 open bid requests, have they sucessfully purchased a domain before, etc?

Does any of this exist?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some sort of Trader Rating System would be really interesting.

However a lot of domains sold on SEDO are first timers who are after a specific domain, and if the sellers did not want to deal it could hurt sales and have a negative effect of the SEDO Experience

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think sellers would still be williing to respond to 1st timers, after all, we do want to sell names. But if 20 offers all come in from a person who we can see has another 2000 offers they have made since they signed up 2 years ago and not one purchase, well can see what they are like. Even just knowing that this person has bid on several names can make a difference, for the benifit of the buyer even becuase you could make discount if they are serious about several names.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unfortunately the current system does not allow for such luxuries. I've been waiting for 3 weeks to see if a 5 figure bid is legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom