Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can you list an auction with SEDO without getting a bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pergamon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought you could onlmy start an auction with Sedo if you got a private bid first for your domain. Most domains have a bid when you scroll through the auctions, however some have none.
What's the difference?
thanks

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have to contact the broker at sedo and they will help you to place your name for auction.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have to contact the broker at sedo and they will help you to place your name for auction.
They supposedly only accept 'premium' or high-traffic names but when you see some of the names in the auctions it must be pretty subjective :?:

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They supposedly only accept 'premium' or high-traffic names but when you see some of the names in the auctions it must be pretty subjective :?:

Yes, and if you email [email protected], these seem to be more lenient and let anything through compared to the .com brokers. There should be a set value or something that the domain has to be over to be let into auction because at present, its overcrowded with crap names.

oveber

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on who you ar in contact with at Sedo. I have try and the answer they give me is that all names MUST have a bid before they can list them. Still i se new names on auction without bids.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on who you ar in contact with at Sedo. I have try and the answer they give me is that all names MUST have a bid before they can list them. Still i se new names on auction without bids.

Yes, ive found this to. Except ive never been told that you can't auction unless you have a bid, i dont know who wouldve told you that.

Ive emailed a domain before and it got rejected, i emailed it again and it got accepted, they should either have no checks or have more stringent checks with a set price limit, they do have an appraisal service afterall.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a request in to list domains such as RnR.com and Parents.info since January 2007, and it still hasn't happened yet. All I got from the Sedo broker emails was a sales pitch for Sedo parking on domains ALREADY DEVELOPED!

So the short answer is NO, Sedo doesn't allow you to auction domains until you get the bid.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I am surprised I can't just click a button thats says add to auction and get it listed.

Was going to test it and put a couple up.... too much work going through email approvals.

-=DCG=-

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I am surprised I can't just click a button thats says add to auction and get it listed.

Was going to test it and put a couple up.... too much work going through email approvals.

-=DCG=-

I was thinking exactly the same even back when first I started using them, even if it required a "small" payment to kick start I wouldn't mind.

Is this something that can be done at GD Adam? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom