Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can you please make the PM sound optional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tend to have my sound on alot of the time, usually its on medium / high when i listen to radio online! when i get pm's the sound goes over the roof, just now nearly had a heart attack "The mail man is here" "boing" ... Is it possible to make this optional for users to enable / disable as they wish? IF its already possible could someone tell me how?

Thanks!

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
I tend to have my sound on alot of the time, usually its on medium / high when i listen to radio online! when i get pm's the sound goes over the roof, just now nearly had a heart attack "The mail man is here" "boing" ... Is it possible to make this optional for users to enable / disable as they wish? IF its already possible could someone tell me how?

Thanks!
User CP
Edit options
Disable PM sound

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never knew DNF made sound ... I leave my computer speakers off most of the time. A simple solution that eliminates such annoyances.

Ron

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
I never knew DNF made sound ... I leave my computer speakers off most of the time. A simple solution that eliminates such annoyances.
Yeah, but he wants to listen to online radio, so turning off the speakers isn't a good solution for him.

I had the same problem with the PM noise. It shocked me outta my seat and made me hate Austin Powers even more. :)

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shocked me too.

It just started happening out of the blue yesterday, with no indication that it was DNF. And instead of just one notification, I got loads for a 15 minute period. (Probably a couple a minute).

I thought I had picked picked up a virus despite my expensive antivirus protection.

Now that some one has told me what the problem is, I have disabled the PM sound, but I do wonder how it got enabled in the first place. (I didn't have any new unread messages).

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I have disabled the PM sound, but I do wonder how it got enabled in the first place. (I didn't have any new unread messages).

We are going to look into this as you're not the first one I've heard that it just started happening to out of the blue.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the PM-sound should be turned 'off' as the default setting?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened to me out of the blue as well. Here I was, minding my own business, and then "YOU HAVE FREAKING MAIL!" or something. I about had a heart attack because I usually have music or radio streaming as well, and it came at a time when I had nothing playing, yet the volume was at a decent level. Bad bad bad! :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom