Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can you push a name on manage.snapnames.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have now over 10 names that I have got over snapnames and I want to sell some of them. Obviously I can't transfer a name to another registrar before the 90 day period. The only other option is to push the name. If the names were on godaddy I would simply tell the buyer to open a godaddy account if he doesn't already have one and then I would push the name. So I wouldn't have to wait 90 days. Of course it would be hassle free to push a name instead transfering. That much I have learner so far.

The question is, how do I push a name I bought on snapnames? Almost every name I have with them is registered on a different registrar. I don't know anything about these registrars myself. Snapnames directs me to a website caled "manage.snapnames.com".

I just want to sell a name for the sake of having done it and I'm already stuck.

I have also accounts on namecheap, sedo and godaddy. Should I wait the 90 days and then transfer the name to an account of mine on one of those and then push it?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask snapnames.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it can be done on http://manage.website.in
It's the Directi interface and I've already pushed a name at Directi.

But I'm not sure the interface at manage.snapnames.com is the same.

Go to Management Console
=> Move Services button
This where you push the domain

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new domain can not be transferred before 60 days.
Figure at least 61 days.

And, a domain that has been renewed should not be transferred for
45 days.

(Newbies - Transfer refers to movement between two different registrars.
And, push is movement of ownership with a registrar.)

gerardo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
erdinc I'm also very interested on this topic, did you get any more information on it?

Thank u!
Gerardo

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whenever any question like this comes up, your best bet is always to ask [email protected].

To your question: names can be "pushed" (that is, moved to a new owner while staying at the same registrar) without the 60 day no transfer rule coming into play, since that rule only applies to registrar transfers.

The process: Ask the new desired domain owner to create an account at manage.snapnames.com and then have him or her give you the ID number and email address of the new account. You, the current owner, would then log into the account containing the name to be moved and click the "Domain Name - Manage..." link to the right of the particular domain. Then click "Move Services", enter the ID number and email address for the new owner's account, and the name will be moved.

If you have any problems, contact the SnapNames support department; they are excellent.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, and as usual the fast and easy answer is here at DNForum thanks to Kjel, thanks.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whenever any question like this comes up, your best bet is always to ask [email protected].

To your question: names can be "pushed" (that is, moved to a new owner while staying at the same registrar) without the 60 day no transfer rule coming into play, since that rule only applies to registrar transfers.

The process: Ask the new desired domain owner to create an account at manage.snapnames.com and then have him or her give you the ID number and email address of the new account. You, the current owner, would then log into the account containing the name to be moved and click the "Domain Name - Manage..." link to the right of the particular domain. Then click "Move Services", enter the ID number and email address for the new owner's account, and the name will be moved.

If you have any problems, contact the SnapNames support department; they are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom