Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

can you refund a paypal echeque??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it possible to refund an echeque? i sent an echeque for $3500 to an indian programmer, now i have found the exact thing he promised me for $500 ready made. I asked for a refund, he said i need to wait till my funds are cleared. I know they will clear, but i want to know is it possible to refund and let it clear in my account? i really don't trust this guy! before he said he was from europe, just now i checked his paypal details found out he is indian! but he is a verified member...

Anyone know if i can get a refund via uncleared echeque then?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would at least try. No point in waiting for the funds to clear and him possibly moving them away.

The worst that could happen is that you'd have to wait for the funds to clear... but I think you should try to get it back now.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't you cancel the check?

Perhaps you should try calling your issueing bank.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should cancel the cheque ASAP !

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats the problem, paypal calls it an echeque, the funds actually leave my account instantly, it just takes ages for paypal to transfer from my account to his so its actually already left my bank, i checked!

I sent him several emails today, if no response i will probably call paypal tomorow and sort it out.

He just seems to be very pissed off because i rejected his offer, but i never signed any contract or anything, i just said i was intrested and he asked for payment and i made it! Then i said i wasn't intrested 5 hours later before he even started to script!

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the seller doesn't co-operate, you can file a dispute with paypal. This will make sure that the funds get locked into the seller's account and he cannot withdraw/send them till the time dispute is not resolved.

If the e-check has not cleared and the seller refunds the transaction, then the money is taken from sellers account to process the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom