Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can you transfer (with auth codes) leaving whois contact info in tact ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanmlanane

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer (with auth codes) and leave whois contact as it was ... Not changing anything ?

Domain : GoaFlight.Com

Domain was sold through escrow - he will not confirm it now as he says he has not got it yet. I approved the transfer, domain expiration had a year tacked on. But whois information has not changed.

If anyone has access to a domain tools back checking history could you check and see if it was changed after the transfer ? I did not think you could transfer this way. I think I am goign to call the registrar on file, but how do I find out who it is. domaintools.com doesn't show host.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Have a feeling it is Enom - calling them,

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Apparently you can - and buyer still claims no control over the domain. However I just got off the phone with escrow.com and they stated they noted the change and the funds will be released after the inspection period is over. This is a nice little trick I am sure escrow.com has dealt with before. I am willing to bet 1,000,000 to one the buyer changes whois information to someone besides his name he paid for it with - Escrow.com also said this is covered.

Yet another reason to continue to use ESCROW.COM - Very pleased with their customer support and timeliness.

Last edited:

DNB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes it possible, in many registrars you have option to keep current whois data when you are starting the domain transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom