Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cancelling Sedo Bid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
achtung.gif
Please note: Unfortunately your entry contained errors. You must first enter your asking price before you can cancel the negotiations!

I get this when trying to cancel a bid thread. So you're telling me I can't cancel an auction of a domain without entering an asking price? I could just tell them 10,000 since the domain is only worth 1k-2k, but I just think it is ridiculous I have to do so. One of the options (option d) is to cancel negotiation, and it won't even let me!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to cancel a bid someone made, put in 9999 euro of BritPnds, then cancel.

If it still won't cancel, then send the outlandish bid.

They'll cancel it on the receiving end.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the option to put currency in pounds, but put 9999 USD. I still think it is wrong to have an option to cancel a negotiation, but when you click the option, it just says the above error in OP.
BTW, thanks for your help doc com

Big P

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had this same problem with a domain that got two lowball offers. It wouldn't let

me cancel without a asking price, so I just let it sit in my account for 2 weeks &

eventually it goes away. In fact I am doing it with one right now in my Sedo account.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same situation with me.... Lowball offer with a comment that says this is all they can afford. I just don't want Sedo to keep sending me emails on every domain that I have offers for since the same person has made offers on multiple domains of mine.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side...

If you counter with $9,999 and they accept, no longer low ball, right?

Schweet!

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true Doc Com! Definitely not going my hopes up though :)

S

SedoCoUk

achtung.gif
Please note: Unfortunately your entry contained errors. You must first enter your asking price before you can cancel the negotiations!

I get this when trying to cancel a bid thread. So you're telling me I can't cancel an auction of a domain without entering an asking price? I could just tell them 10,000 since the domain is only worth 1k-2k, but I just think it is ridiculous I have to do so. One of the options (option d) is to cancel negotiation, and it won't even let me!

Hello everyone.

Bid threads cannot be cancelled by either party until the first counter-offer has been received. If you are trying to cancel a bid thread after the initial offer you will receive a message asking you to submit an amount. We advise you to consider carefully any amount you enter here as it is a binding counter-offer. If you do not wish to continue negotiations you may leave the bid thread alone and it will expire and eventually be cancelled by the system.

We have this policy in place as a way to foster negotiations and we encourage both buyers and sellers to respond to all offers received. Responding allows the other party to know what range they need to work in. Very often agreements are reached through the offer/counter-offer negotiation process. For more information on this please visit the link to our FAQ below:

http://www.sedo.com/faq/faq.php?language=us&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

As a seller, if you do not wish to respond to offers you feel are too low you should consider setting a minimum offer amount. This will ensure that you do not receive offers below this set amount.

If you have any questions please visit our Customer Support center at www.support.sedo.com.

~ Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom