Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't access forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, so you are thinking "So how is he posting this then??" I can't access the forum from home for some reason. I can get here from work (where I am now) and from my colocated box, just not from home. The traceroute dies just before hitting the dnforum.com box. I have tried to talk to the people at Rackspace, but they refuse to help me and tell me to talk to someone here. Can an administrator look into this? My home IP address is in the 68.17.226.* range. Is it possible that this IP range is being denied at the firewall? I would really like to be able to get to the forum from home.

Just to give you more info, I can't get to highimpactsites.com either. Located on the same box?

I've been on the fence about buying a membership, and obviously this could make my decision....

Upvote 0

sicomp

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try clearing out your internet cache. If you use Internet Explorer, click on tools--->internet options-->Delete files under temp. internet files. Also try and delete your cookies. Try the site again.

If the site does not load up, head on over to Mega Proxyand try to access the site from there. If you are able to there might be an issue with your isp, not routing your request properly.

Good Luck!

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know it is not an issue with internet cache. I have tried from both IE and Mozilla. A traceroute from a command prompt shows that the connection dies within the Rackspace network, so it is also not a problem with my ISP. Thanks for the suggestions though...

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what ISP are you running at home? I know that if you are using Netzero Platinum you will not get here unless you turn off the image diluter(sp).

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using Bellsouth DSL.....

Another bit of information I forgot to mention....I was able to get here up until about a week/week and a half ago from home with no problem...

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Administrators? Care to comment at all? Or should I just give up on getting here from home and move on??

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you use a proxy can you get here?

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh..I'm in! Seems my PC was caching an old IP address or something. A nbtstat -R solved the problem.

Thanks all. And thanks to nhlrat who did email me about this...

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So am I :). And now that I can access the forum from everywhere, I upgraded!

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Matt

Same thing happended to me using bellsouth fast access. Looks like the fixed the problem i can now access the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom