Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't find domain manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could some kind member with a minute on his or her hands please tell me yet again how to find my domain management page on GoDaddy? It seems that every time I turn around they've messed with the site again and hidden it. :(

I've been back twice since I first posted and can't see the link. I don't want to know about GoDaddy or what it has to offer or how wonderful it is. I just want to get into my domain management page and do what I want to with the domains I already have. The home page is completely counter-intuitive and non-user friendly. Surely I'm not the only one who finds that?

Last edited:

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Mallie,

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Click Products on the top left.
3. Then Domains
4. Then at the bottom right you will see Manage Now
5. Click Manage now and it will bring up your management.

Hope that helps :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mallie,

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Click Products on the top left.
3. Then Domains
4. Then at the bottom right you will see Manage Now
5. Click Manage now and it will bring up your management.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks so much, James. That worked grand, once I clicked Launch. I know it's not because of my age that I find these things difficult. It's just that I've always been a step-by-step person. Telling me to cross a river just won't work - I have to have the stepping-stones near the big old tree pointed out to me first.

Thanks also to Varlov. It's lovely when people spring to help. :)

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem Mallie, Glad I could be of assistance :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YoDaddy keeps redesigning their site and it's usually not for the best. Although I don't really like the hovering over headings with a drop-down menu that also expands (you lose the thing quick when you're pointing), I do like that they now allow the right click for My Account or My Domains, and the cart icon is now more functionable too, before you had to single-click on the cart icon on the home page and go there directly (you'd be taken to the cart page and you'd lose what you were looking at on the homepage) but now you can right-click on it and another tab/page opens

Their new cart I thought at 1st was great-looking and worked OK.....but it's a nightmare ! I tried adding extra listing options ea w/a different price for one of my auctions and then four additional category listings, and I wanted to see the cart in detail to ck what they were actually charging me. Well, you just get a cart summary which is not even accurate and the final price, which in my case was more than when I added the things individually. I deleted all items (there was not an Empty Cart option that time, no idea why since I've seen it with the new cart design...) and did it all over again, but had the same exact problem. If the price had matched what I expected maybe I would've taken the chance but you shouldn't have to work guessing

And when adding extras like privacy (now prorated so it's better, if you only have 6 mos of reg left then you only pay 1/2 of the total, but it's still expensive) and other extra things, I got the right final price and a list of the extras I added. But NO corresponding domain name for each extra, so if you added say privacy to xyz.com and 123.com you only see two privacies displayed (the domains you're adding them to MUST always appear), and so on for each item. Extremely poor set-up, why should we keep guessing ....? And the prices you see may be different for ea extra, like $1.97 and $3.98, so if you decide later you only want to add privacy to one name, you won't know which cart item to delete. Not unless you go back to the DCC and see the exp dates. Only then can you tell the more expensive privacy must be for the domain that has longer left in registration. Just awful.... :worried:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nodaddy is not only bloated and confusing, it is slow and the website is not compatible with all browsers.
Of course, nobody forces you to use them but I happen to acquire domains that are registered there, like expired/auction domains. Needless to say, everything will be transferred out in due time.
After so many years, I have come to the conclusion that the constant redesign and poor navigation experience is part of a ploy to waste your time, so you get exposed to scantily clad ladies who distract your attention (beware of pickpockets :)), then the cross-selling kicks in, items are added to your shopcart by stealth. To sugarcoat the deal they lure you with the coupons and you end up thinking it's you who is overspending time there.
But at some point you have to decide how much your time is worth lol. Mallie, let me reassure you, it's not a question of age or poor sight here :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Varlov's shortcut works every time (you'll need to enter the user/pass and the code if you have two way authentication enabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom