Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

can't get more ridiculous than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been doing a comprehensive unregistered ccTLD search. I am fluent in 5 European languages so I only concentrated on names in those languages. OVT gave non-significant results for most terms once extention was added. However, what I noticed was that all (and I do mean all) of these terms were registered in com, net and org equivalents. Even gramatically incorrect names were registered (a 3-year-old would be able to never make such a gramatical mistake). My favorite example consists of three words (25 letters in total!) that didn't really gramatically match. When people search for something online they might enter keywords as separate terms, but you can't expect them to do the same when they are typing in a domain name into their browser. I mean, instead of "buy" + "car", they will write "buyingcar". It is hard to explain this, because english doesn't have many complex gramatical structures most european languages do, which results in completely absurd names being registered. Furthermore, if OVT gives the words in a certain order, people registering the domain will never question it. Very often the presented word order is simply wrong. Yet, if you check, you'll find a com registered with that name. It's simply crazy. Coms, nets and some orgs are registered for almost any name possible while ccTLDs are COMPLETELY untouched. Apart from being a blunder, this is a strong underestimation of ccTLDs which often have nice type-in traffic. Of course, domainers are probably repelled by EuroDNS prices, so they just go and register a com, which will earn them exactly 0$.

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
Recently I've been doing a comprehensive unregistered ccTLD search. I am fluent in 5 European languages so I only concentrated on names in those languages. OVT gave non-significant results for most terms once extention was added. However, what I noticed was that all (and I do mean all) of these terms were registered in com, net and org equivalents. Even gramatically incorrect names were registered (a 3-year-old would be able to never make such a gramatical mistake). My favorite example consists of three words (25 letters in total!) that didn't really gramatically match. When people search for something online they might enter keywords as separate terms, but you can't expect them to do the same when they are typing in a domain name into their browser. I mean, instead of "buy" + "car", they will write "buyingcar". It is hard to explain this, because english doesn't have many complex gramatical structures most european languages do, which results in completely absurd names being registered. Furthermore, if OVT gives the words in a certain order, people registering the domain will never question it. Very often the presented word order is simply wrong. Yet, if you check, you'll find a com registered with that name. It's simply crazy. Coms, nets and some orgs are registered for almost any name possible while ccTLDs are COMPLETELY untouched. Apart from being a blunder, this is a strong underestimation of ccTLDs which often have nice type-in traffic. Of course, domainers are probably repelled by EuroDNS prices, so they just go and register a com, which will earn them exactly 0$.

as a minimal criteria:
1. before registering a typo it should be of a site that receives relatively high traffic
2. it should have ovt--don't register typos for nonexistent sites
there are still many free names out there. work harder with research before time runs out
good luck

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually people take OVT for granite.
I found out that many terms in OVT are just the names of a Yahoo category that is often clicked.

You search for one small term then it gives you something like suggested categories on top that's more detailed.

That category name can go into the ovt data...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom